Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Seat Covers

Old 01-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
Bpfaff45 is on a distinguished road
Name: Branden
Bpfaff45's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Seat Covers

I installed these covers today and would like to see how others look. Mine seem to be quite loose. The directions seemed very straight forward to me, dont know why they are loose. Any tips or pointers for installation?

TRD Seat Covers-img_0276.jpg
Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have some covers like that and they were a lot tighter than that.

I am not sure what is wrong. I know I pulled the PVC tube through from the back of the seat to make it nice and tight. It was kind of a PITA to reach it with the way the seat is made.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
Good351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to behold

Good351's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, those look way loose.. I had them for about a month and sold them..the rubber in the middle section felt cheap and really cold.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
KB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
That is definitely not right.

Is the PVC tube still in the sleeve of the cover? It needs to be, and it needs to be jammed way down into the "crotch" of the seat.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
they appeaared to not be installed correctly. Mine are tight and can bounce a quarter off them.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
modmike is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
modmike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZCUT View Post
they appeaared to not be installed correctly. Mine are tight and can bounce a quarter off them.
This^^^
Old 01-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
Bpfaff45 is on a distinguished road
Name: Branden
Bpfaff45's Tacoma Gallery
One hernia later, the seat covers are snug and look great!