Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Looking for suggestions

Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
stiroe is on a distinguished road

stiroe's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for suggestions

Just recently bought a 2013 SR5 4x4, and I'm looking for side steps and bull bar. I have been looking around at this site and all others, autoanyhting, carid, amazon, ect...
I want to get stainless steel and looking at ovals rather than straight steps or running boards. Should I go OEM for re-sell value? Or does that even matter (due to most trade-in value doesn't increase on options). I was looking at Steelcraft cheap and still look good, Aries are ok but not sure of the look. I like the Go Rhino's but bit expensive. Westin I just don't like the name every where on their products. Any suggestions would be great... I need to get side steps soon got 2 boys, 5&6 yrs old and don't want them to keep grabbing at the seat belts to get them up in the ride. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
The OE tube steps are OK for kids, but my foot didn't fit on them. They also started to rust out on me in less then 2 years so I would avoid them.

I strongly suggest checking this out http://www.avidoffroad.com/#
Old 01-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
stiroe is on a distinguished road

stiroe's Tacoma Gallery
The Avid steps wouldn't work with kids all I see is feet and legs going through the open space causing unneeded crying. I guess is the size a big deal between the 3, 4, or 5" oval bars? Any experiences with different brands that maybe helpful? Thanks again
Old 01-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiroe View Post
Just recently bought a 2013 SR5 4x4, and I'm looking for side steps and bull bar. I have been looking around at this site and all others, autoanyhting, carid, amazon, ect...
I want to get stainless steel and looking at ovals rather than straight steps or running boards. Should I go OEM for re-sell value? Or does that even matter (due to most trade-in value doesn't increase on options). I was looking at Steelcraft cheap and still look good, Aries are ok but not sure of the look. I like the Go Rhino's but bit expensive. Westin I just don't like the name every where on their products. Any suggestions would be great... I need to get side steps soon got 2 boys, 5&6 yrs old and don't want them to keep grabbing at the seat belts to get them up in the ride. Thanks for the info.
I've got some 4 inch oval steps I'm looking to sell if you want used, they're black but are stainless steel underneath.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
jerzeyjoe has a spectacular aura aboutjerzeyjoe has a spectacular aura aboutjerzeyjoe has a spectacular aura about

jerzeyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine on Ebay. Not a name brand Stainless oval. I thin k I paid about $120.00 shipped. Brand new. Have them now for about 5 years. No rust and my 4 year old uses them without a problem.