1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for suggestions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by stiroe, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Jan 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    stiroe

stiroe [OP] Member

Member:
    O-Town
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB SR5 4x4
    WeatherTech Deflectors and floor mats Westin 4" SS Side Steps TonnoPro bed cover aFe pro-Dry AF
    Just recently bought a 2013 SR5 4x4, and I'm looking for side steps and bull bar. I have been looking around at this site and all others, autoanyhting, carid, Amazon, ect...
    I want to get stainless steel and looking at ovals rather than straight steps or running boards. Should I go OEM for re-sell value? Or does that even matter (due to most trade-in value doesn't increase on options). I was looking at Steelcraft cheap and still look good, Aries are ok but not sure of the look. I like the Go Rhino's but bit expensive. Westin I just don't like the name every where on their products. Any suggestions would be great... I need to get side steps soon got 2 boys, 5&6 yrs old and don't want them to keep grabbing at the seat belts to get them up in the ride. Thanks for the info.

2. Jan 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    The OE tube steps are OK for kids, but my foot didn't fit on them. They also started to rust out on me in less then 2 years so I would avoid them.

I strongly suggest checking this out http://www.avidoffroad.com/#

3. Jan 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM
    stiroe

stiroe [OP] Member

Member:
    O-Town
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB SR5 4x4
    WeatherTech Deflectors and floor mats Westin 4" SS Side Steps TonnoPro bed cover aFe pro-Dry AF
    The Avid steps wouldn't work with kids all I see is feet and legs going through the open space causing unneeded crying. I guess is the size a big deal between the 3, 4, or 5" oval bars? Any experiences with different brands that maybe helpful? Thanks again

4. Jan 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    I've got some 4 inch oval steps I'm looking to sell if you want used, they're black but are stainless steel underneath.

5. Jan 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM
    jerzeyjoe

jerzeyjoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 2W
    Got mine on Ebay. Not a name brand Stainless oval. I thin k I paid about $120.00 shipped. Brand new. Have them now for about 5 years. No rust and my 4 year old uses them without a problem.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top