Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear bumper question

Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
smurf taco has a spectacular aura aboutsmurf taco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
smurf taco's Tacoma Gallery
Rear bumper question

ive been doing a little bit of searching on here and somewhat on other websites about rear bumpers and i really like the all pro rear bumper and the relentless fab rear bumper. They have a nice look to them IMO but they dont fit with a factory hitch. which is something i dont want to deal with. is there a rear bumper out there that is decent and can fit with the factory hitch? i also dont want to have to cut into the side of my fenders
Old 01-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think so. The aftermarket off-road bumpers bolt where the factory hitch was, so it's not an option.

Only high clearance rear bumpers require cutting. The others are direct bolt-on replacement.

Brute Force Fab seems to be the one I'm leaning towards when everything is considered for my situation.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
CBI Offroad's Trail Rider includes a hitch receiver. That is not the high clearance bumper, so no cutting is required.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of aftermarket rear bumpers come with a hitch. I don't think any allow the use of the Toyota factory hitch though. I keep thinking there might be one but I can't place it. Maybe it was a dream...
Old 01-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Most of them offer a hitch as an option, Relentless does, and the main reason they say they are not rated for towing is because they haven't had them tested and don't need the liability of someone doing something dumb and trying to blame them.

Look up what people tow with their after market hitches and see if you're comfortable with whatever you need yours for. I'd say it could probably handle most of what you throw at it.