Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How Long is OK for no front alignment?

Old 01-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
double_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to all
double_b's Tacoma Gallery
How Long is OK for no front alignment?

I will be getting the rear TSB done in about two weeks. Parts supposed to be in around Jan 11. In the meantime I am getting Billies put on in the front and set to 1.75. I am also getting new Duratracs 265/75/16 put on. I am thinking about getting the Billies and tires on next week and then hoping the dealer doesn't have a problem doing the required front end alignment with the non-stock shocks up front.

My question is if it's about two weeks from shock and tire install am I asking for trouble??
Old 01-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
It's more about how much you'll drive it rather than the time. I wouldn't drive it more than a couple of miles if I planned on keeping the tires.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by double_b View Post
I will be getting the rear TSB done in about two weeks. Parts supposed to be in around Jan 11. In the meantime I am getting Billies put on in the front and set to 1.75. I am also getting new Duratracs 265/75/16 put on. I am thinking about getting the Billies and tires on next week and then hoping the dealer doesn't have a problem doing the required front end alignment with the non-stock shocks up front.

My question is if it's about two weeks from shock and tire install am I asking for trouble??
Depends on how much you drive in 2 weeks...I wouldn't go on long highway trips without an alignment but city driving to work and back I would be ok with it but that's just me
Old 01-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
HossNFross Per "Oz"
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
I would recommend getting the alignment done after the billies and tires. Find a local alignment shop.
Toyota won't do a front end alignment when they are only working on the rear. They will probably make you pay for it at the dealer and charge you more than you will find outside of the dealer.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #5
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
No more than about 200 if you can . Also depends how off it is . It will be pretty off with your add ons.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
DILIGAF
06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light

Name: luis
06sr5prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
i had to drive mine for about 800 miles with a bad alignment :/ havent seen any problems on the taco due to that but i guess ill find out eventually. proabably fucked my tires a little though same thing as you put billies upfront 1.75
Old 01-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #7
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
I would recommend getting the alignment done after the billies and tires. Find a local alignment shop.
Toyota won't do a front end alignment when they are only working on the rear. They will probably make you pay for it at the dealer and charge you more than you will find outside of the dealer.
Its required in the TSB to do an alignment and will be free if under warranty which I'm assuming is
Old 01-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #8
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gincoma View Post
Its required in the TSB to do an alignment and will be free if under warranty which I'm assuming is
Yeah when I had my rear TSB done they did the alignment on all four.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:20 AM   #10
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Just keep an eye on the tire wear.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #11
double_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to all
double_b's Tacoma Gallery
OK thanks everyone. I am going to try and plan accordingly so that I minimize driving w/o the alignment as much as I can. I don't have to get the new tires at the same time that was just convenience...I can go back and get the tires on after the TSB and shock work is done. I don't care if I tear up the POS Rugged Fails.

I am considering calling the dealer and inquire about what they would charge me to install the Billies at the same time but I know that will be outrageous labor cost I am sure. Plus I don't want them to think I am trying to get a "free" lift by getting them to do the TSB...not that they would but I don't want the hassle.