LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Did aux mod now the airbag light came on

Old 01-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Boogyman has a spectacular aura aboutBoogyman has a spectacular aura aboutBoogyman has a spectacular aura about

Name: Phoenix
Boogyman's Tacoma Gallery
Did aux mod now the airbag light came on

I finally got around to doing the auxiliary input mod in my 06. Once I installed everything back into the dash a cranked up my truck to test it my airbag light came on and won't turn off. Is this just a coincidence or did I screw something up?
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
97lt1ta is on a distinguished road

97lt1ta's Tacoma Gallery
Try unhooking the battery for 15 min resetting the ecu if it comes back on there is a problem. If it comes back on start checking your connections make sure everything is hooked up properly. If that's still doesn't work could be a sensor , clock spring, ect either way pain in the ass
Old 01-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
Boogyman has a spectacular aura aboutBoogyman has a spectacular aura aboutBoogyman has a spectacular aura about

I was searching around and my truck falls under the clock spring recall. Is there a way I can check and see if it was ever replaced? I got the truck somewhat recently and I never got any of its history on what got done on it.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #4
97lt1ta is on a distinguished road

97lt1ta's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm would have to call your local dealer give them your vin and see if it had the replacement for the recall is the only way I know. Try the battery disconnect if that doesn't help take it down to your dealer see if its caused by the recall. If its not they might be able to tell you what it could be if not air bags are not as complicated as some people make them out to be. It can only be about 4 different things which 2 are a big pain in the ass but the main one is making sure you do it safely
Old 01-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
Dogs & cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogyman View Post
I was searching around and my truck falls under the clock spring recall. Is there a way I can check and see if it was ever replaced? I got the truck somewhat recently and I never got any of its history on what got done on it.
Any Toyota shop can run the VIN to see if recall work has been performed, or needs to be.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #6

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'm gonna try the battery thing in the morning and see if that helps
Old 01-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #7
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
It appears that either the plug for the airbag module got screwed when you had it out OR it isn't plugged in correctly OR You turned on the ignition with the module unplugged during your mod and it will require a dealer to reset.

The bolded happens more often than you would think.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #8

i didnt have time to unplug the battery this morning before school but while i was driving i remembered it was on last night and it was off while i was driving. does it cut off when in gear? or could it be fine now?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #9
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogyman View Post
i didnt have time to unplug the battery this morning before school but while i was driving i remembered it was on last night and it was off while i was driving. does it cut off when in gear? or could it be fine now?
It should be fine. How long did you drive it? It does a self test every time you turn on the truck.