Truck Driver
Navelfunk is on a distinguished road
Navelfunk's Tacoma Gallery
Fog lights & bigger tires...

Old 01-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #42
Truck Driver
Navelfunk is on a distinguished road
Navelfunk's Tacoma Gallery
Cooper Discover H/T 235/75/R15's. I'm pretty sure you could go up a size or two, though.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #43
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
Its a base model 2wd, why lift it? There are quite a few threads and such about lowering these trucks, they look better lowered anyways, and gas mileage is better
Old 01-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #44
Ahawe37 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
Ahawe37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
Its a base model 2wd, why lift it? There are quite a few threads and such about lowering these trucks, they look better lowered anyways, and gas mileage is better
Yeah I've been changing things and getting rid of ideas and what not, I realized I just want the wheel well filled up some more... And I'm not going to lower a truck, I can't stand the look of those "cholo-machines"
Old 01-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #45

Ahawe37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navelfunk View Post
I like it

idk if you have this problem, but when I'm driving through my alley, trees always catch my antenna, and it pisses me off/worries me that it's just gunna snap, should I be worried about it or not?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #46
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahawe37 View Post
Yeah I've been changing things and getting rid of ideas and what not, I realized I just want the wheel well filled up some more... And I'm not going to lower a truck, I can't stand the look of those "cholo-machines"
Cholo machine? Judgemental much? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to be insulting about it.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #47
tacotruck 2.7 is on a distinguished road

tacotruck 2.7's Tacoma Gallery
all depends $$$$$$$$

your budget will dictate what and when you can change of course. you and i esentialy have the same truck 2 years ago i started by sanding and priming those 15" steelies and got some flat black rattle cans and painted them. suprised i got alot of positive comments truck color charcoal grey. then my grill decal got the same treatment tinted windos etc
finaly this year i jumped in the fire and orderd some 15" x7 aluminun polished weld wheel copies 95$ ea. discount tire and some 31x 10.5x 15 all terrains . against all popular trends i stayed 15" just for $$$$$$$ reasons next time your in a tire shop look at the price diffrence between a 17 or 18 popular all terrain to a 15 " and you make your own conclusion. i was more after higher ground clearance than anything else. not to say they dont look nice with those wheels just my opinion. aftermarket foglights l.e.d lighting strips underneath the headlamps . b happy to email you pictures. just let me know. hope this was helpful.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #48
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cholo machine? Judgemental much? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to be insulting about it.
Yeah
Old 01-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #49

Ahawe37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I quoted it because that's what I hear them called all the time...
Old 01-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #50
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: E Co, 4-3 ADA BN Executive Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I went to discount tires yesterday after school and got a quote for 235/70/17
Attachment 188934

What do y'all think?
I like the wheels. Since you're changing gears on what you want to do, why not add ground effects and go for the X-Runner look. I know it's totally opposite from what you original wanted, but I think you'll have better luck as there will be more parts available.

Either way that you go, it's your truck and your money. Good luck. Definitely go with those wheels. They'll look sharp on your truck.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #51
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I quoted it because that's what I hear them called all the time...
let's be honest, 99% of people who drive lowered trucks are cholos.

That being said, there are some cool lowered tacos on here, like who dat and the white one from hawaii, cant remember the name.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #52

Ahawe37's Tacoma Gallery
is there any specific way to take off the little dash thing to the left of the steering wheel where the buttons go in? or a thread on how to do that stuff...?

EDIT: I'm talking about this
Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #53
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hot Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Here's jmarquez808's regular cab, base model truck with just X-Runner 18" wheels on it. I think the wheels made a huge difference in making the truck look more "beefy", even w/o lowering it and w/o messing-up his speedometer or wrecking his fuel economy.

By going with wider, low profile tires, your truck will handle differently. The ride will likely be a little more harsh, acceleration will be a *tad* slower, and braking distances may be a *tad* longer. You'll also notice that your tires will want to 'drive your truck' sometimes. By that I mean that wider tires have a tendency to follow ruts in the road, especially roads that are rutted-up by heavy semis. The lower profile tires should handle better, however, and they obviously look much better.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #54

Ahawe37's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it's not bad, I've just never been a fan of low profile tires... But do you think those wheels would go good with it? (The wheels I posted on page 2)
Old 01-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #55
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Taco View Post
The lower profile tires should handle better, however, and they obviously look much better.
That's a matter of opinion. I don't think wheel/tire combos like that look good on a truck. Would be different if it were a car.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #56
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
is there any specific way to take off the little dash thing to the left of the steering wheel where the buttons go in? or a thread on how to do that stuff...?
Open the coin tray, stick your finger up in there and pop 'em out.

Once you get the big square one out (power mirror blank) you can reach up between the plastic and the frame and pop the top ones out.

Factory fog light switch goes on the top left.

The switch that you got with the fog lights will not fit there.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #57
tacotruck 2.7 is on a distinguished road

tacotruck 2.7's Tacoma Gallery
as per your fog lights..... when i installed mine the options were go to the stealer and buy a toyo pushbutton lighted switch for only 70$ or use the suplied switch in the kit . if u got the $ go for it otherwise do like me and take one of those acesory knock outs and drill it out to fit your switch. word of advise if the switch in kit is a long one in length change it to the shortest one posible from your autozone etc. reason ; the shorter the togle switch the less likely youll bend and break it everytime you egress its easy to do with the knees.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #58

Ahawe37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
The switch that you got with the fog lights will not fit there.

Ffffffffffuck. Alright, should I just look up 08 tacoma stock fog light switch...?
Old 01-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #59

Ahawe37's Tacoma Gallery
Is this the right kind? And omfg why is it so much?!?!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #60
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hot Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah it's not bad, I've just never been a fan of low profile tires... But do you think those wheels would go good with it? (The wheels I posted on page 2)
I personally like the wheels you picked out. On the 2nd generation Tacoma's, it's my opinion that the optimal wheel size as far as looks are concerned is from 18" to 20" because the fender gap is so large. Even though a 17" wheel isn't a small wheel, it will likely look small on your truck. It won't look horrible, but probably won't look as "baller" as you might hope