Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed Extender for 2013 DCSB Prerunner

Old 01-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
jaymay82 is on a distinguished road
jaymay82's Tacoma Gallery
Bed Extender for 2013 DCSB Prerunner

I wanted to get a OEM Toyota bed extender installed by the dealer, but was told by the salesperson that they have been getting a lot of complaints about the extenders breaking and denting.

Does anyone have the OEM bed extender? If not, which bed extender did you go with?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymay82 View Post
I wanted to get a OEM Toyota bed extender installed by the dealer, but was told by the salesperson that they have been getting a lot of complaints about the extenders breaking and denting.

Does anyone have the OEM bed extender? If not, which bed extender did you go with?
translation:
"we don't have one in stock, and I'm not gonna waste my time with you anyway"

stupid salesman is in sales...he should have sold you one.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
TAOScott's Tacoma Gallery
I can order you the Amp Research extender with no problems.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #4
jaymay82 is on a distinguished road
jaymay82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
translation:
"we don't have one in stock, and I'm not gonna waste my time with you anyway"

stupid salesman is in sales...he should have sold you one.

Yeah, that was pretty dumb of him.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #5
MobileMike will become famous soon enoughMobileMike will become famous soon enough

Name: Mike
MobileMike's Tacoma Gallery
Check out my custom version of the bed extender:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...nice-rack.html

It's much lower than the OEM bed extender which allows plywood to sit flat in the bed at the same height as the wheel wells. Building it yourself, you have a lot more control over strength of design. Do what I did and build a prototype out of 2x4 wood first; that actually worked fairly well for me and provided a lot of insight about which dimensions were critical.