Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Which lift blocks should I use?

Old 01-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
mirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
mirraman's Tacoma Gallery
Which lift blocks should I use?

Okay, so I'm going to be adding some lift blocks and would like some advice on which ones to use.

Please don't tell me about how I shouldn't use blocks!! I've heard it all already. It is just temporary until I can afford some Dakars.

Also, I am aware that i will need extended brake lines and longer shocks as well as taller bump stops.

With that, here are the options I'm looking at:

Currently if have a 3-leaf AAL giving ~1.5" of lift. I want to add at least another 1.5" to that. I have found some similarly priced lift blocks. One set is 2" billet aluminum and the other is 1.5" cast steel. The shocks I will be using are rated for 3-4" of lift so they should work fine with either setup.

If you are curious why I want so much lift in the rear, it is because I just got a set of Maxtrac spindles and I absolutely HATE bro-lean.

Please let me know any insights you may have and also any reason one type might be better/worse than the other. Thank you much!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
mirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to behold

Old 01-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
RiverBoyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
As to aluminum or steel, these trucks don't weigh enough to make a difference. The question is how much BRO lean you have and how much lift you need to compensate.....without knowing I would say the 2" a little rake is better than a lean
Old 01-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
If you use aluminum blocks, you should add at least an additional inch since aluminum will flatten out over time due to it's soft characteristics. Here's what mine looks like.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppham444 View Post
If you use aluminum blocks, you should add at least an additional inch since aluminum will flatten out over time due to it's soft characteristics. Here's what mine looks like.

Actually I was thinking maybe I should get another frame mounted below mine and just keep the suspension stock:

Old 01-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #7
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
RiverBoyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Painted mismatched but similar color.....seems legit
Old 01-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirraman View Post

Actually I was thinking maybe I should get another frame mounted below mine and just keep the suspension stock:

belongs in the WTF thread
Old 01-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #9
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
There was a Caddilac on "dubs" on Craigslist awhile back that had modified Escalade frame welded onto it so they could clear the really cool 30" wheels with rubber band tires.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #10
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
There was a Caddilac on "dubs" on Craigslist awhile back that had modified Escalade frame welded onto it so they could clear the really cool 30" wheels with rubber band tires.
I thought "DUBS" meant 20s?

and Duece Dueces were 22s?

so 30s would be "trays" if i know my gansta speech
Old 01-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #11
Bookin is on a distinguished road

Bookin's Tacoma Gallery
http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72