Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2013: Toyota Tacoma vs Nissan Frontier ?

Old 01-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
TacomaLimited13 is on a distinguished road
TacomaLimited13's Tacoma Gallery
2013: Toyota Tacoma vs Nissan Frontier ?

Anybody know why the Nissan Frontier is rated better than the Toyota Tacoma this year 2013? I don't even see how this even comes close since Nissan Frontiers seem like its built out of cardboard when you sit in it. I know I might be biased because I own a Tacoma but the quality of the Frontier's just doesn't come close to Tacoma's! Your thoughts?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
OldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud of

Army: USMC 79-85 / USCG 87-89 / Army 89-12 / Retired E-8 on 07/31/12
Name: Robert
OldFatGuy's Tacoma Gallery
The Frontier has rated better (for ride only) than the Taco before. But that is all. Not Towing, not off road, not re-sale, only the smooth ride down the road. Woop-Di-Do
Old 01-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
MGM Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
MGM Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I liked the frontier to begin with but then I drove it and hated it, so was thinking of staying with the Silverado I had and one day decided to test drive the Tacoma and let's just say the Tacoma came home and the Silverado stayed lol. The frontier has more power but other then that idk
Old 01-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Rated by who? I owned a '06 Frontier and traded it for my current Tacoma. I will never own a Frontier again...nuff said.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Idk who came up with that, but I've seen far more Tacomas on the road than Frontys so the Tacoma must be better.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #6
IdahoTacoTime is on a distinguished road
Army: 9TH Infantry Div Ft Lewis Wa
Name: Brent
IdahoTacoTime's Tacoma Gallery
I work at Toyota.. and there is a Nissan dealership next door. We sell 20 Tacomas for every ONE Frontier they sell... And its even worse between Tundras and Titans.. and they give them Nissans away.

Sometimes when we are slow we go out and watch the Nissan guys hang themselves off the light poles.... Nissan is the only manufacture that sells cars/ trucks in the U.S.A that is currently in the red.

This might be the stupidest thing I have read on this forum
Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #7
WVHellbilly is on a distinguished road

WVHellbilly's Tacoma Gallery
Frontier has more power but it is heavier. The taco is faster.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
taczilla is on a distinguished road

Name: Marc
taczilla's Tacoma Gallery
That's it... I'm done!

I went for a test drive today.

I'm trading in my brand new 2012 DC TRD MGM with leather/heat for a 2004 Dodge Dakota 2WD.

I don't know how I missed it back then... it has a stereo... Gaah!

WTF !!

... let it goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #9
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoTacoTime View Post
I work at Toyota.. and there is a Nissan dealership next door. We sell 20 Tacomas for every ONE Frontier they sell... And its even worse between Tundras and Titans.. and they give them Nissans away.

Sometimes when we are slow we go out and watch the Nissan guys hang themselves off the light poles.... Nissan is the only manufacture that sells cars/ trucks in the U.S.A that is currently in the red.

LOL No my friend, there has been plenty worse. But it twas funny nonetheless
Old 01-04-2013, 04:56 AM   #10
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVHellbilly View Post
Frontier has more power but it is heavier. The taco is faster.
Yep, and the Tacoma feels nimbler and lighter. My old Frontier's steering felt sluggish and it was a b*tch to park. Like trying to park a semi.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #11
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nissan is the only manufacture that sells cars/ trucks in the U.S.A that is currently in the red.
Actually, Nissan is doing okay with their other lines and the introduction of the new Pathfinder. Mitsubishi is the one to leave the U.S. market next.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:56 AM   #12
MGM Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
MGM Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The frontier is heavier but I still thought it was faster?? Idk that's where the TRD SC comes in lol
Old 01-04-2013, 06:37 AM   #13
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Who reviewed it? I stopped reading all magazines because they all have one sort of bias or other.

In the end we all like what we like, fook ratings.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #14
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoTacoTime View Post
I can tell you haven't been around very long.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #15
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Actually, Nissan is doing okay with their other lines and the introduction of the new Pathfinder. Mitsubishi is the one to leave the U.S. market next.
That was my thought as well. Nissan might not be top of the list but Mitsubishi isn't even on the map.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #16
Beers is on a distinguished road
Beers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
You mean the Pathfinder that looks like a Toyota Highlander?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #18
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Nobody ever did say what ratings the OP is talking about. You gotta love opinions without facts.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #19
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Ecoboost > Frontier > Tacoma
Old 01-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #20
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Ecoboost > Frontier > Tacoma
Thank you for proving my point. what do you base this on? OK, here's mine:

tacoma > frontier > ecoboost

who is more correct?