Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

LR UCA Installation Problem

Old 01-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
Be3fTaco is on a distinguished road
Be3fTaco's Tacoma Gallery
LR UCA Installation Problem

So, I put a 3" OME lift on, but I wasn't able to get my stock UCAs off in order to put on my LR UCAs. When I tried to pull-out the bold holding the UCA in place, he head of the bolt went directly into the inside edge of the wheel well, so I would have had to remove the wheel well in order to get the bolt out. Am I missing something?

The only idea I've had is to cut the head off the bolt and pull it through the other side of the UCA (the back side). I could then replace the bolt through the back end. Has anybody done that?

Here are some pictures. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
LR UCA Installation Problem-img_0062.jpg   LR UCA Installation Problem-img_0061.jpg  
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Beat and pull the metal out of the way
Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Yep. Grab your biggest pair of channel locks and bend that sucker half an inch.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
ColoradoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
Beat and pull the metal out of the way
Old 01-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
This

Be careful of lines on the inner fender
Old 01-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #6
Taco Supreme!
roboots21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
roboots21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Exactly what I did. There are a couple of electrical lines (either that or ABS lines) to be careful that you don't grab ahold of. Just keep working the bolt out and bend the wheel well as needed. Then bend it back when you get the bolt out and put the new one in from the back. Or you can cut it off as you said as well. Very simple process. Good luck!