Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Shift console light?

Old 01-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
jimsvw is on a distinguished road
jimsvw's Tacoma Gallery
Shift console light?

New to the forum. A new to me 07 Prerunner double cab.
Is there supposed to be illumination on the shift console?
I can see in the dash pod what gear I am in when its dark out
but wonder if the lever area is supposed to be lighted.
Thanks
Jim in NE Ohio
Old 01-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
yes. you can easily check the light and change it by unscrewing your shifter handle, and prying up the silver plastic piece/cupholder to access the black plastic piece that has the shift indicators on it. there are 4 tabs you need to pry loose, be careful not to break them. pull the old bulb out and go to toyota to get a replacement. should be around $3

assuming you have an auto shifter