Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Newb with question. Yes, I have searched, lol.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #21
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Big Head
BigHeadTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post

What did I do wrong?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #22
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHeadTaco View Post
What did I do wrong?

from photobucket don't copy the url or direct link. for forums, copy the HTML code and it will show up full sized.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #23
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

A few of my truck...thanks jgwheeler!

Old 01-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #24
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
taco lean! Sounds like the rear axle got bumped during a lift or something. Look at the spring perch and see if they both look the same.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #25
GFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfInferno View Post
taco lean! Sounds like the rear axle got bumped during a lift or something. Look at the spring perch and see if they both look the same.
sorry, I am a newb. Are you referring to the leaf spring perch?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #26
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
sorry, I am a newb. Are you referring to the leaf spring perch?
correct.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #27
GFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfInferno View Post
correct.

another newb question, the perch where the ubolts are tightened?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #28

Quote:
another newb question, the perch where the ubolts are tightened?
sorta, its where the spring comes into contact with the axle, its a flat part on the axle. Here is mine but its underneath the axel, yours will be on top
Old 01-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #29
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just purchased certified used 2012 double cab TRD with 3700 miles on the odometer. It has 2" lift with 285/65/18 nittos and monster XD wheels. The issue/OCD I am having is that the rear passenger tire sticks out about 1/4" to 1/2" further than the rear drivers side tire. I noticed this and it has been driving me insane. Is this really common in the 2012's? I have read on here that adjusting the bed is simple. I have checked the offset of each rear wheel and they are exact, ubolts are tight. Could this be anything else? Any input is appreciated and I looked forward to being a part of Tacoma World.
Is there a reason you aren't just taking it back to the dealer for them to figure out? It sounds it shouldn't have been allowed to leave the lot like that.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:16 AM   #32
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

The problem could just be taco lean, and it looks like one wheel sticks out more than the other. I really dont think you have a major issue here
Old 01-05-2013, 05:57 AM   #33
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How is suggesting they take a recently purchased truck back to the dealership to address a possible problem freaking anyone out? If it was a toaster oven, I'd suggest the same thing. It probably is nothing, but as a new owner, they shouldn't have to bother with any of this.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #34
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
How is suggesting they take a recently purchased truck back to the dealership to address a possible problem freaking anyone out? If it was a toaster oven, I'd suggest the same thing. It probably is nothing, but as a new owner, they shouldn't have to bother with any of this.
Haha ya your right, theres nothing wrong with bringing it to dealership, especially since he just bought it. If the bed isnt aligned perfectly it most likely came from the factory that way and the dealership wont do anything about it. I wasnt specifically talking about your post, But most likely the issue isnt a major one.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #35
GFY

Going to take it to the dealer Monday... I am just impatient. I'm not worried, just picky I guess. The truck drives amazing, I would be worried if it didn't. Thanks for the links!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #36

Quote:
Going to take it to the dealer Monday... I am just impatient. I'm not worried, just picky I guess. The truck drives amazing, I would be worried if it didn't. Thanks for the links!
Ya you shouldnt be worried, all the post in here are helpful, and any of them could be the issue. I just think the most common and logical problem is you bed isnt perfectly centered
Old 01-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Haha ya your right, theres nothing wrong with bringing it to dealership, especially since he just bought it. If the bed isnt aligned perfectly it most likely came from the factory that way and the dealership wont do anything about it. I wasnt specifically talking about your post, But most likely the issue isnt a major one.
Agreed, except that it had an aftermarket lift already installed when the OP bought it.

OP, glad to hear you aren't letting this bother you too much.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #38
GFY

Oh, I was searching the Internet and this site for hours yesterday!! Lol, now I know if it was a larger issue/bent frame, I could definately tell. New truck, spent good money, I just want it perfect!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #39
GFY

Update, measured from the frame to the center of each tire. The passenger rear is off by about 1/2"-3/4". ???
Old 01-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #40

Well looks like someone was wrong im am curiuos as to what the dealer says. Also i want to know what solution to be, im sure you could shift the axle a little if you loosen the u bolts, but i would think the centering pins in the leaf springs will pretty much keep the axle where it is.