Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How could I mount this in my truck?

Old 01-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #22
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
Bump

I'd help you machine a simple bracket if I weren't so darn busy all the time.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #23
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
If you're running an aftermarket bezel that you don't mind trimming, you can do what I did for my handheld GPS.

Trimmed edge of Scoshe bezel-

Fabbed piece of aluminum flat bar stock from Lowes-

Rattlecanned black then stuck to back of bezel with 3M grey double-sticky-

Mount double-stickied to aluminum bar-

End result. Up where I can see and finger it, but not blocking my view or the vent-

One thing I would recommend if you go this route is using 1/8" thick aluminum if there's any sort of weight to your scanner. I used 1/16" for this mount and will be redoing it with 1/8" before summer. While this works fine, it allows for too much vibration while driving which makes the screen difficult to see, especially when off-road which is my primary use here.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #24
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post
If you're running an aftermarket bezel that you don't mind trimming, you can do what I did for my handheld GPS.

Trimmed edge of Scoshe bezel-

Fabbed piece of aluminum flat bar stock from Lowes-

Rattlecanned black then stuck to back of bezel with 3M grey double-sticky-

Mount double-stickied to aluminum bar-

End result. Up where I can see and finger it, but not blocking my view or the vent-

One thing I would recommend if you go this route is using 1/8" thick aluminum if there's any sort of weight to your scanner. I used 1/16" for this mount and will be redoing it with 1/8" before summer. While this works fine, it allows for too much vibration while driving which makes the screen difficult to see, especially when off-road which is my primary use here.
I like that!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #25
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres View Post
I'd help you machine a simple bracket if I weren't so darn busy all the time.
It's fine. I'll figure something out. Thanks for the offer though
Old 01-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #27
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
I might do velcro and attatch it to the little black square piece by the stereo
X2

Keeping it simply is sometimes the best way.
I like the sheet metal bracket idea, it's not so bad working with sheet metal and relatively easy. = ]
Old 01-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #28
StickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
StickShifty's Tacoma Gallery
u ever think about a mobile scanner instead with a remote speaker? they are cheaper then the handhelds unless you get a PL scanner. I have one mounted under my passenger seat and a small remote speaker in between my rear seats. makes for a clean install and everything is out of the way.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #29
The Blue Warrior

Doing a temporary mount for now. Works well actually. Used my Ipod windshield mount that I don't use much and used the belt clip that came with the scanner to clip the scanner to the mount works well actually. Will post the pic when I get on a laptop so I can copy the code link. Here it is though.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...0/ppuser/54976

Edit:
Old 01-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #31
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post

You can find these with adjustable holding sizes ..
I know. I might get one. The one now is temporary