1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Follow up: Dealership theft from truck while in for service

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Infra, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Jan 4, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    Infra

Infra [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light
    To follow up on the prior thread. After a couple of weeks of looking at all the video footage and interviewing all dealership staff who had anything to do with my truck, they came up empty. Nothing on video shows the theft of my missing and fully loaded XD40 magazine, and all employee interviews came up empty as well. Service manager says that after everything they have no evidence and no proof that the theft happened at their dealership while my truck was in their possession.

We had what I felt was a very heated discussion on the phone today where he came off as being very offended and angry that I am stating the theft happened at their dealership, with no proof...BUT he wants to make it right and even though there is no evidence showing the theft happened there, he will be paying for a replacement magazine and a box of ammo.

Lesson learned...in the future when ever I drop my truck off for service, I will be removing all personal possessions from inside the truck.

2. Jan 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    12Tac

12Tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2020 Double Cab, Long-bed TRD Off Road.
    SnugTop, FN Wheels, Meso Custom, Tacos4Cheap
    Sounds like a good solution to me, but you should probably secure such things in the future. I do find it odd that someone would steal a mag with ammo...I haven't read your whole tread, but did you get anything else lifted like an iPod or money?

12Tac

3. Jan 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    Infra

Infra [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light

Never did. I was waiting to hear what the dealership had found. I feel it may be too late to file a report with the local P.D.

4. Jan 4, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    maineah

maineah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 V6 6spd
    Your nuts of you don't report it unless it was stolen in the first place.

5. Jan 4, 2013 at 5:20 PM
    EndlessSummer

EndlessSummer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Sonora, CA
    Hey sorry I didn't see your original post but where did this happen at? I go to Larry Miller Toyota and the service guy always tells me to take all my personal belongings out. Im guessing this is a common thing all over. It's pathetic that people would take shit like that but karma for them always comes around somehow

6. Jan 4, 2013 at 5:31 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Locks keep honest people honest. Keep a tight return spring on your belongings, and don't temp people by leaving your hard earned stuff in plain untended sight. Respect your own property enough to look after it, or risk others showing the same lack of respect. Doesn't make it right, but the world has worked like this since the concept of ownership was realized.

Frank

7. Jan 4, 2013 at 5:42 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    That's like $65 now! Haha and that's if you can find any in stock.
    I think it was a mistake by not getting the law involved.

8. Jan 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    CantSitStill

CantSitStill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FTR
    CNY
    Doesn't every dealership have a big sign that says they are not responsible for items left in your vehicle?
    I was dumb enough to leave an iPod in a vehicle for an inspection and oil change. Gone. I called local police and reported it and was basically told that I was fucked. Lesson learned. Sorry OP didn't know this.

9. Jan 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM
    zul

zul Professional Goofball

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica DCSB SR5 4WD V6 AT
    HAVE: Bed mat, Tailgate Lock, Color-matched Grille, Weathertech Floor Liners, Avid Step Rails, RokBlokz mud flaps WANT: Rear Plate Bumper, Steel bed cage
    Like I said in original thread... I think you should have involved the local PD right away. Video footage doesnt really mean squat when it's something that easily could have been slipped into a pocket during a quick lean into the truck. I don't doubt one of the service techs could have taken it. But the PD should have been the 1st to know in this situation.

10. Jan 4, 2013 at 6:17 PM
    FLtaco06

FLtaco06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2009 Sport DCLB
    You may also want to take you truck to a different dealer next time you need something done. They may not be as friendly toward you next time. A few years ago when I had my 06 Scion XB, I bought some aftermarket rims. I took them to a local tire shop that I have done business with for a while. They have good prices and have always been helpful. When I left the shop, I looked over the wheels and everything looked good. (lugs were all "on"). I pulled out and started driving down the road. About a half mile down the road and felt a massive pop and and the back drivers side dropped down. I thought I blew a tire until the tire and rim passed me. I pulled off to the side of the road, ran down my tire and called them. They came out and put the tire on and took it back to there shop. They looked at it and said they could fix the damage. I told them that I was taking it to the Toyota dealer and that anything they found wrong would be replaced at their cost. Everthing got replaced, but a year or two later, I went back to get my front end aligned. They did ok work, but treated me like crap when they rang up my license plate (Same one that was on the Xbox).
    All that to say, you may not want to go back to the same place after the situation you went through.

11. Jan 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    easler24

easler24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Michigan
    There is a good chance that they didn't watch all of the video if it was there for very long at all. There is also a good chance that they don't have very good video, if any at all, of your truck while it is being serviced. I just don't see that happening. And how far did they go as far as questioning of the employees? My guess is not too far. Maybe I'm wrong.

It's cool that they chose to replace the stolen items, but strange as well since they are sure that it was not taken while they had the truck. They don't want to lose your business I guess.

Products Discussed in

To Top