1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed/Cargo divider problem

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Dguy, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Jan 5, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    Dguy

Dguy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ottawa, Ont.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Hi all. I have a 2012 that I recently bought a Toyota Cargo divider for. I bought it used for $100 and got 4 more tie down cleats as well.
    I threw it in the rail system and have developed a problem. The rail system it self has holes in it about every 12" or so ??? and the square bolts that ride/slide in the rail system to move the divider actually fall into the slots jamming the divider completly. It is not very practical at all! I didn't get any instructions but it seems very obvious on how it pieces together. Am I missing something and has anyone else encountered this? Whats the fix?

2. Jan 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    Jere

Jere Outdoorsman

Member:
    Northern Chester County, PA
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Sport MGM with ARE Cap
    Can you take a picture? I'm having a hard time visualizing the holes you are talking about. I don't have a divider, but, I am thinking of buying one, and have looked at them on CL. I'd like to see you solve this problem before I buy. Good luck, and thanks.

3. Jan 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    ziggynagy

ziggynagy All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    Hmm, i dont have this problem with my oem cargo divider on my '11.

4. Jan 5, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    myth01

myth01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    south sf, ca.
    Vehicle:
    08 taco Trd sport
    eclipse nav.-w/ Bluetooth & iPod 3'' revtech add a leaf lift kit snug top ss truck cap dive tank racks in back Aux fuse box Aux back up lights, w/ interior fj cruiser stock switch Back up cam Turn signal cams Interior inverter -switched Aux audio/video inputs -RCA (including iPhone cable)w/ 4 input switch Mag light mount Tyredog stand alone tpms Spare tire extension hose Avid off road light bar(powder coated)
    I have the oem bed divider on my 08 and yes the square bolt heads do catch in the drain holes of the rail system. Bad design I suppose. Bought mine new at the same time as truck from the dealer. I was thinking of grinding them down to an oval shape.

5. Jan 6, 2013 at 4:49 AM
    Dguy

Member:
    Ottawa, Ont.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Yes my tie downs will slide right by the slots if you pull out on them but I can't get the divider to do the same. Seems like a poor design to me.
    I think I'll try grinding some washers down to fit in the rail system to place behind the square bolt head. That way, it will roll out of the slot easier than when the square heads get lodged in there. Its very frustrating considering its a system that Toyota feels is worth $300-400
    If I bought it new at the dealership it would be going back!

6. Jan 6, 2013 at 4:51 AM
    Dguy

Member:
    Ottawa, Ont.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    The holes are in your rail system now for you to see.
    The problem is the head of the square bolt that comes with the divider is almost exactly the size as the slots. They get jammed on them.

7. Jan 6, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    cotaco05

cotaco05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    CO
    Vehicle:
    13 FJ Cruiser
    I had a similar issue with a factory bed divider and ended up selling it in favor of the bed mat because of the PITA square nuts. I think more recently bed dividers may have more oval shaped nuts on them, having seen one in the parts department a few months ago.

Products Discussed in

To Top