Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed/Cargo divider problem

Old 01-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
Dguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dguy's Tacoma Gallery
Bed/Cargo divider problem

Hi all. I have a 2012 that I recently bought a Toyota Cargo divider for. I bought it used for $100 and got 4 more tie down cleats as well.
I threw it in the rail system and have developed a problem. The rail system it self has holes in it about every 12" or so ??? and the square bolts that ride/slide in the rail system to move the divider actually fall into the slots jamming the divider completly. It is not very practical at all! I didn't get any instructions but it seems very obvious on how it pieces together. Am I missing something and has anyone else encountered this? Whats the fix?
Old 01-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
Outdoorsman
Jere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to all

Jere's Tacoma Gallery
Can you take a picture? I'm having a hard time visualizing the holes you are talking about. I don't have a divider, but, I am thinking of buying one, and have looked at them on CL. I'd like to see you solve this problem before I buy. Good luck, and thanks.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, i dont have this problem with my oem cargo divider on my '11.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #4
My boys need a house.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dguy View Post
Hi all. I have a 2012 that I recently bought a Toyota Cargo divider for. I bought it used for $100 and got 4 more tie down cleats as well.
I threw it in the rail system and have developed a problem. The rail system it self has holes in it about every 12" or so ??? and the square bolts that ride/slide in the rail system to move the divider actually fall into the slots jamming the divider completly. It is not very practical at all! I didn't get any instructions but it seems very obvious on how it pieces together. Am I missing something and has anyone else encountered this? Whats the fix?
I haven't seen the Toyota Cargo Divider, but the OEM tie-downs will catch on the rail notches unless you push the center in (or pull it out? I don't remember at the moment) against the tie-down's spring. The cargo divider may have a similar mechanism.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #5
myth01 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
myth01's Tacoma Gallery
I have the oem bed divider on my 08 and yes the square bolt heads do catch in the drain holes of the rail system. Bad design I suppose. Bought mine new at the same time as truck from the dealer. I was thinking of grinding them down to an oval shape.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:49 AM   #6
Dguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I haven't seen the Toyota Cargo Divider, but the OEM tie-downs will catch on the rail notches unless you push the center in (or pull it out? I don't remember at the moment) against the tie-down's spring. The cargo divider may have a similar mechanism.
Yes my tie downs will slide right by the slots if you pull out on them but I can't get the divider to do the same. Seems like a poor design to me.
I think I'll try grinding some washers down to fit in the rail system to place behind the square bolt head. That way, it will roll out of the slot easier than when the square heads get lodged in there. Its very frustrating considering its a system that Toyota feels is worth $300-400
If I bought it new at the dealership it would be going back!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:51 AM   #7
Dguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere View Post
Can you take a picture? I'm having a hard time visualizing the holes you are talking about. I don't have a divider, but, I am thinking of buying one, and have looked at them on CL. I'd like to see you solve this problem before I buy. Good luck, and thanks.
The holes are in your rail system now for you to see.
The problem is the head of the square bolt that comes with the divider is almost exactly the size as the slots. They get jammed on them.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #8
cotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jeff
cotaco05's Tacoma Gallery
I had a similar issue with a factory bed divider and ended up selling it in favor of the bed mat because of the PITA square nuts. I think more recently bed dividers may have more oval shaped nuts on them, having seen one in the parts department a few months ago.