Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear suspension bottoming out!

Old 01-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #22
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) USS La Jolla (SSN 701) Veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Don't screw up the truck though...you'll be needing to sell the LT kit in 6 months to pay rent.
lol!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #23
Boeingoing is on a distinguished road
Boeingoing's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply's.. so my options are to go to toyota and get the 4 leaf TSB or spend the cash for an aftermarket set to fix it right? Wish I could get the lift... but need it to fit in my garage!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #24
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeingoing View Post
Thanks for the reply's.. so my options are to go to toyota and get the 4 leaf TSB or spend the cash for an aftermarket set to fix it right? Wish I could get the lift... but need it to fit in my garage!
In all srsns, I vote Bilstein 5100 rears and an AAL if you're not doing anything crazy.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #25
sure enough.. just checked and only 3 leafs. Shouldn't the dealer have pointed this out when I asked him if there were any TSB's outstanding on the truck?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #26
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
sure enough.. just checked and only 3 leafs. Shouldn't the dealer have pointed this out when I asked him if there were any TSB's outstanding on the truck?
Not if it has too many miles.

What's on the clock?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #27
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Same Problem

I had the same problem, solved it with this:

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...scon/2407.html
Old 01-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #28
13,000 miles! Warranty up in June 2013.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:55 AM   #29
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's a US truck... When I had the truck in for service I asked them if there was any outstanding TSB's and they said no... I guess I should do some research...
TSBs aren't recalls, if you don't have symptoms of a problem then TSBs don't apply.

It's about like asking your doctor if there are any outstanding surgeries.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:03 AM   #31
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelers pack if you don't want lift, progressive AAL if you don't care.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #32
pmo will become famous soon enoughpmo will become famous soon enough

pmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's a US truck... When I had the truck in for service I asked them if there was any outstanding TSB's and they said no... I guess I should do some research...
US truck...likely only 3 leaf in resr spring...even wiyh 4 they suck...I added a 5th leaf everything is OK
Old 01-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #33
pmo will become famous soon enoughpmo will become famous soon enough

pmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
False. Springs are the same, just the yellow bilstein shock vs the black Tokico shocks.
correct