1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Empty relay socket under steering column.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Eltacos, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Jan 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    Eltacos

Eltacos [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    BFE CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    LED conversion on every accessible bulb, TRD exhaust (dealership threw in for free along with the Blu-Logic).
    I have searched the forums without an answer. While installing all of my extra lights I noticed there is a relay socket under my steering column with one wire shorting across two terminals. One theory I have is the "stealership" had a security device installed there to disable the ignition while on the lot. Maybe an aftermarket alarm (that I didn't pay for) ignition cut-off.

Anyone have an idea what it is for? I don't want to mess with it as it may have a consequence if I remove the wire and start testing the leads for "hot" and "common" connections.

2. Jan 6, 2013 at 9:46 AM
    CtTaco

CtTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 Doublecab Sport Longbed Supercharged
    3" lift, Tundra wheels with BFG ATKO's, Viper Remote starter TRD Supercharger
    Pics?

3. Jan 6, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    Vstrom30

Vstrom30 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Access Cab 4x4
    Do you have a remote start? Did you buy it used? Some remote starts/keyless entry modules utilize a circuit opening relay for the fuel pump or ignition. This being said, someone may have removed this feature because it can draw power(depending on the setup) while the truck is off and the doors are locked. Or they just decided they didn't like it.

Products Discussed in

To Top