Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Empty relay socket under steering column.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
Eltacos is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Officer
Eltacos's Tacoma Gallery
Empty relay socket under steering column.

I have searched the forums without an answer. While installing all of my extra lights I noticed there is a relay socket under my steering column with one wire shorting across two terminals. One theory I have is the "stealership" had a security device installed there to disable the ignition while on the lot. Maybe an aftermarket alarm (that I didn't pay for) ignition cut-off.

Anyone have an idea what it is for? I don't want to mess with it as it may have a consequence if I remove the wire and start testing the leads for "hot" and "common" connections.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pics?
Old 01-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
Vstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Vstrom30's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a remote start? Did you buy it used? Some remote starts/keyless entry modules utilize a circuit opening relay for the fuel pump or ignition. This being said, someone may have removed this feature because it can draw power(depending on the setup) while the truck is off and the doors are locked. Or they just decided they didn't like it.