Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Got a vibration out of no where!

Old 01-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

Air Force: HQ AMC Port Dawg
Name: Jason
SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
Got a vibration out of no where!

So as stated above I have a bad vibration above 50 mph. I was turning around in a dirt parking lot and went over a small rut nothing bad at all going very slow. When I got back out on the road and up to highway speed I notice a sever wheel shake. Got out and looked under, everything looks fine.
Do you think it's possible I knocked a weight off the rim? I've never had any vibrations in this truck even after the lift. I'm going to take it to the dealer next week and see if they will fix it, the truck dosen't even have 7K on it so I hope they will!

Any thoughts???
Old 01-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Get some mud caught inside a wheel ?
Old 01-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
I bet one of your tire weights fell off.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Get some mud caught inside a wheel ?
Yes Sir, that was the problem!
I just went back out and hosed everything off, noticed a lot of clay/rock caught in rim of the fack need lock. Took her for a spin and problem solved.

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPENCAF View Post
I just went back out and hosed everything off, noticed a lot of clay/rock caught in rim of the fack need lock. Took her for a spin and problem solved.

Thanks.
I am not sure what this "fack need lock" is but I'm glad you got it figured out!

Guess: fake bead lock?
Old 01-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPENCAF View Post

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #7

SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I am not sure what this "fack need lock" is but I'm glad you got it figured out!

Guess: fake bead lock?
Yup, stupid spellcheck or stupid me! Lol