1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2006 quad cab Short box 4x4, has 6" ProComp Lift need to lower it

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Hoozel, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Jan 6, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    Hoozel

Hoozel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Edmonton AB
    Wondering if i could get some help. I bought a Used Tacoma that the guy put the ProComp lift on it. I live in a Condo with Underground parkade, it wont go under. I thought it was gonna work but it doesnt quite make it.

has 275 70r18's on it.
    Cross Member has been cut so i cant remove the Lift Kit...
    Has extended Knuckles, and Giant spacers above Coils, and Blocks under Leafs in Back

wondering if i can modify it in someway. For the Front my ideas are smaller block above Coils by maybe an inch, cut the coils a bit to get a drop.

In the Rear, Remove the Blocks and get an OME Dakar set which will drop it about 2" from where it is now.

then Maybe follow up with OME suspension in front which gives a 3" lift, then a 1.5" or 2" spacer above Coil to get it closer to what the The truck is setup for. I was thinking this way the knuckles can stay and the angles wont be too bad maybe for the axles.

Thanks in advance, I am real new to trucks. I can build a Supercharged Gixxer, but trucks I don't know jack.

Products Discussed in

To Top