Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Installed 12 volt plugs.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
hogfan05 is on a distinguished road
hogfan05's Tacoma Gallery
Installed 12 volt plugs.

I put a 12 volt plug on the back of the center console so you can put a DVD player or kids game player. Then i put a plug in the bed inside of bed pocket.
Attached Thumbnails
Installed 12 volt plugs.-.jpg   Installed 12 volt plugs.-b.jpg   Installed 12 volt plugs.-h.jpg   Installed 12 volt plugs.-j.jpg   Installed 12 volt plugs.-c.jpg  

Old 01-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
hogfan05 is on a distinguished road
hogfan05's Tacoma Gallery
volt

run thru back of cab
Attached Thumbnails
Installed 12 volt plugs.-f.jpg   Installed 12 volt plugs.-e.jpg   Installed 12 volt plugs.-g.jpg   Installed 12 volt plugs.-cover.jpg   Installed 12 volt plugs.-bed1.jpg  

Old 01-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
jackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jack
jackrules's Tacoma Gallery
simple mod but i'm almost sure this is the first time I've seen this done in the bed!

I don't think I'd have a use for it back there though.. just me
Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrules View Post
simple mod but i'm almost sure this is the first time I've seen this done in the bed!

I don't think I'd have a use for it back there though.. just me
It's been done. One great use is to get an inexpensive 12v light from K-Mart that has a long cord and a magnetic base. Mount a 12v in your bed (like this one) & put one under your hood and now you've got light under your hood when you need it (thanks for leaving that one out Toyota ) and light if you're working around the back of your truck... changing a tire or whatever. Pretty inexpensive mod and if you don't want to run power all the way through the cab for the back 12v you can just tap your trailer wiring and you will have switched 12v power so you also don't need to worry about leaving something on when the key is off and draining power. Of course this also means you need the key on to use it but this is a better idea IMO.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Also, to the OP: Those wires you ran your power with.. is that power & ground for your audio system amp(s) or is it the RCA for the amp(s)? If it's power & ground then you're good where you routed them. If it's the RCAs then you'll want to run the power on the other side as to not introduce noise into your audio system.