Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hit by a drunk driver !

Old 01-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #21
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
How dare them not have a cop standing by for every call that comes in. I'm sure they were just eating pizza and playing video games someplace as opposed to possibly all being tied up on higher priority calls.

One day when you are old enough to pay taxes you can have an opinion, until then, go do your homework and stay off the computer.
: orlando FL:

:seems legit:
Old 01-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #22
They call me Greekbro
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How dare them not have a cop standing by for every call that comes in. I'm sure they were just eating pizza and playing video games someplace as opposed to possibly all being tied up on higher priority calls.

One day when you are old enough to pay taxes you can have an opinion, until then, go do your homework and stay off the computer.
Im still on break
Old 01-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #23
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks dude why on earth did the police take 1.5 hrs. to get there? Well look on the brighter side buddy maybe your insurance can get you a 2013.

The best thing is that you weren't injured, that's what matters the most. Material things come and go but body parts once they're messed up they're never the same. Thank god you're OK.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #24
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
the guy wasnt even arrested?
Old 01-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #25
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
x2 thats fucked. esp for an accident. i mean, dog nuisance is different

and your airbags didnt go off?? seems like toyota may have an issue on their hands....
The air bags are not designed or programmed to go off in a glancing type of collision as this was.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #26
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
the guy wasnt even arrested?
nope, the only thing they said they could have arrested him on was the suspended license, but that's only if his license had already been confiscated. So he just told them he didn't know and gave up his license.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #27
RedDead will become famous soon enough
RedDead's Tacoma Gallery
does your state cover diminished value on your truck? same thing happened to me and i got money to fix my truck and another check to pay for the value i lost due to my truck being in an accident...
Old 01-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDead View Post
does your state cover diminished value on your truck? same thing happened to me and i got money to fix my truck and another check to pay for the value i lost due to my truck being in an accident...
Honestly, i am not sure. Deff something i am going to look into.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #29
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2 thats fucked. esp for an accident. i mean, dog nuisance is different

and your airbags didnt go off?? seems like toyota may have an issue on their hands....
I don't think they were supposed to go off in this type of side swiping accident... I would want to get nailed by the side airbags in this situation... it wasn't enough inertia detected to go off
Old 01-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #30
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

i understand where you are coming from. i have family in law enforcement, and know 5+ officers very and i know more than that not as well. but it must be one hell of a busy night for every officer in the responding area to be tied up.

depending on if it was in the city limits or in the county. you could have mutable departments that could respond. (i.e, county, city and high way patrol.) FHP should be able to go since itís on the roads. if itís in the city limits either FHP or the city could respond. iím going to say that itís likely there is about 5 to 7 officers that could respond. imho there has to be a lot going that is more important than a posable DUI crash for it to take over 1h for them to respond.

now idk if OP said that the guy maybe DUI when he first called 911 or not. if he did that should put a faster rush on it than if it was just a small late night small crash and everyone was ok.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #31
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not sure how it works in huge departments, we have 20 guys, and wouldve tested the other driver. 2nd offense op-after suspension in NH is a custodial arrest (MISD) anyways, so nothing to lose in testing for impairment...
Usually always a DUI field test in AZ on both parties...or obviously blood draw at a substation if the person requests.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
i understand where you are coming from. i have family in law enforcement, and know 5+ officers very and i know more than that not as well. but it must be one hell of a busy night for every officer in the responding area to be tied up.

depending on if it was in the city limits or in the county. you could have mutable departments that could respond. (i.e, county, city and high way patrol.) FHP should be able to go since itís on the roads. if itís in the city limits either FHP or the city could respond. iím going to say that itís likely there is about 5 to 7 officers that could respond. imho there has to be a lot going that is more important than a posable DUI crash for it to take over 1h for them to respond.

now idk if OP said that the guy maybe DUI when he first called 911 or not. if he did that should put a faster rush on it than if it was just a small late night small crash and everyone was ok.
I actually didn't say anything about DUI when i called, at that point i didn't even talk to the guy yet he was just standing outside his car in a panic and thats what i told them. Ambulance arrived at the seen within a few min to make sure everyone was ok though.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #33
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJaikaran View Post
I actually didn't say anything about DUI when i called, at that point i didn't even talk to the guy yet he was just standing outside his car in a panic and thats what i told them. Ambulance arrived at the seen within a few min to make sure everyone was ok though.
Thus making it not a high priority call...if you had said you suspect the other driver was a potential DUI, it would have possibly changed it.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #34
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJaikaran View Post
oh ok. i did not know if you did or not.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #35
cdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
cdthiker's Tacoma Gallery
Point is.... your alive...
I work EMS and have scraped too many victims off the road from the drunks....
all the dispack is run by computers these days.... even if he had mentioned DUI of there was no Body injury.... its low priorty
sad but true
the syestem is flawed from the inside out. why does it take more then once DUI or OUI for your driving privlidges to go away?
think about it...
Its low priorty because we as a society have made it so.....

Glad your alright dude keep us posted on what the insurance process is like
good luck
Old 01-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #36
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 4-3 ADA BN Maintenance Control Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to hear that you're ok, but unfortunate for your truck. Hopefully, your insurance would cover your aftermarket upgrades, but it's doubtful. You would be surprised as to what insurance companies would try to repair as opposed to writing it off as totalled. I owned a 2002 Nissan Frontier SVE before owning my Tacoma. I had a driver pull out in front of me causing me to collide with her. The impact twisted my frame and caused what seemed to be major damage. The insurance company wanted the repair shop to order a new frame and transfer as much from my truck over to the new frame. Luckily, the repair shop told the insurance company that they would refuse to do the work due to potential issues later down the road. Either way, I hope that things work out for you.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #37
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Too bad about the guy getting off the hook for that stuff. Hope your insurance works this out quickly.

I'm sure the officers had a good reason for taking that long. I know how it goes; boredom, boredom, boredom, and then every single person calls in at the same time. Its on dispatch to ensure they draw in from other departments to cover calls.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #38
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
sorry man....sounds like you found a real winner to take you out. hope things work out for you, but i t's been my expierence with those lacking insurance, that you won't see a dime
Old 01-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #39
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Worried about insurance covering your stuff? Why didn't you check with them BEFORE something like this happened?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #40
2011Streaker will become famous soon enough2011Streaker will become famous soon enough
Law Enforcement:
2011Streaker's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote: