Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hit by a drunk driver !

Old 01-07-2013, 07:11 AM   #41
PhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: US Army Corps of Engineers - NADENMG
Name: Ron
PhantomVirus's Tacoma Gallery
Firstoff - Sorry for your vehicular loss. At least you are OK.

I was rear ended in my BMW on a highway and my biggest regret was NOT going to the hospital - even for a 'check out'. Sometimes bad physical shit does not happen for a bit - I have severe spinal stenosis in my lower back but symptom did not onset for a month or so - had I gone to the E/R it would have at least been on record - your adrenalin is pumping like crazy when this type of stuff happens so it's possible that you could have some minor whiplash or a neck injury. If you don't feel right go to the hospital or Dr asap - don't wait.

BTW - as far as airbag deployment - I don't believe the ass end has any impact sensors they are in the nose & the sides of the cabin so the fact that the airbags did not deploy does not surprise me.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #42
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
Worried about insurance covering your stuff? Why didn't you check with them BEFORE something like this happened?
Never thought i would be in an accident of that level where rear suspension would be damaged that much. I have been in accidents before, but nothing to this level where aftermarket parts were damaged. The way i see it is that they would have to put on a new wheel/tire, and rear suspension anyways so i faxed over all my receipts over to my adjuster and i can only wait and see what they decide from that point. If they don't cover it its just another lesson learned.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #43
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
I am sorry your truck got wrecked and glad that you are not hurt. But we do not know the call log and the type of calls they were responding to. As bad as a traffic accident can be it is more important to have EMT/Fire Dept there to help anyone injured. The police could have been dealing with life and death situations at that time. I for one salute the brave men and women of our Police and Military. Thank God they have what it takes to do these tough, thankless jobs.

It damn sure isn't for the pay!