Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hit by a drunk driver !

Old 01-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
Hit by a drunk driver !

So, Friday night while heading home from my girlfriends house around 12am i was stopped at a red light in the inside lane of a four way intersection making a left. The next thing i know i hear screeching tires and as i look to my left i see a car loosing control while speeding into the turn to go the opposite way of me then jumped the curb and slammed right into me continued sliding after he hit me jumped the curb again and ended up back on the other side of the road going across two lanes and eventually stopping on the side walk. The truck shut off without any air bags deployed, so i turn on my hazards and jump out the truck and i was shocked by how much damage was done. I get on the phone right away call the police while the truck is stuck in the middle of the road with the whole rear suspension practically destroyed, rear axle twisted, drive shaft on the floor, and rim bent. I literally wanted to cry after thinking about how i just practically got the truck. The other person comes out his car limping and asked if i was okay with the stench of alcohol on his breath complaining that his throttle cable was stuck. From that point i didn't want to hear anything this guy had to say and come to find out the two witnesses that stayed back that he was talking to were telling me the same thing about him seeming drunk and when highway patrol came he had no insurance, suspended license, and no registration and all they could do is give him a few tickets. They didn't even bother to give him a DUI test or anything, i guess that 1.5 hrs they took to show up the guy sobered up enough for them not to think he was intoxicated.

What bugs me the most is that i got the truck November 1st 2012 and withing the two months of having it i put what is to me so much money into it. And now it just kills me knowing how much damage the truck received after just practically getting it and spending so much money on it, and not knowing if insurance will cover the aftermarket wheel, and suspension in rear.
18x9 bfd wheels/toyo open country a/t 265/65/18
3" toytec front lift (bilstein/eibach spring) 1.5 aal/bilstein rear
n-fab side step bars.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
fuck!!! kick his ass c-bass!!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
1.5 hours for the cops to show up ?
Old 01-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Probably totaled because he bent your spring mounts and axel etc
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #5
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
x2 thats fucked. esp for an accident. i mean, dog nuisance is different

and your airbags didnt go off?? seems like toyota may have an issue on their hands....
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #6
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Holy fuck! Write off.... Be surprised if its not, pray it is.

Glad you're ok. That's what matters.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #7
yep, it took them 1-1.5 hrs to show up after fire department came and blocked off the rd.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #8

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJaikaran View Post
yep, it took them 1-1.5 hrs to show up after fire department came and blocked off the rd.
o.0
Old 01-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #9
They call me Greekbro
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Some lazy ass cops right there.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #10
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
damn dude glad you ok.

and the BS that it took that long for them to show up after fire was on sean. IMHO(bet mike will agree) as soon as they got the call they should be running code 3. and been there in less than 10 min or so. sounds like they did not care.

idk i would maybe file a complaint with the department i don’t see why in the world it would take that long.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #11
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
damn dude glad you ok.

and the BS that it took that long for them to show up after fire was on sean. IMHO(bet mike will agree) as soon as they got the call they should be running code 3. and been there in less than 10 min or so. sounds like they did not care.

idk i would maybe file a complaint with the department i don’t see why in the world it would take that long.
Who's sean?

While I agree, 1.5hrs is a bit long, how do you know they weren't all stuck on a previous calls that were also a very high priority and kept them occupied and delayed from making it to the scene quicker? Now I wasn't there, and I'm not trying to make excuses. I'm just stating another POV... OP I'm sorry that happened to your truck. Just be thankful you're still uninjured and alive. Vehicles can be replaced. Lives cannot.

Gotta love all the LEO bashing on here...
Old 01-06-2013, 11:44 PM   #12
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
Some lazy ass cops right there.
How dare them not have a cop standing by for every call that comes in. I'm sure they were just eating pizza and playing video games someplace as opposed to possibly all being tied up on higher priority calls.

One day when you are old enough to pay taxes you can have an opinion, until then, go do your homework and stay off the computer.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #13
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you're ok, time to get a '13
Old 01-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #14

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Glad you're ok, time to get a '13
x2

13's get the bro hoes
Old 01-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #15
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, at least you're alright, the truck and or mods can be replaced, just another example of how stupid people can be, Hope you're sorted out soon.

That was a long response time though, what if you were seriously injured?
Old 01-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #16

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Damn, at least you're alright, the truck and or mods can be replaced, just another example of how stupid people can be, Hope you're sorted out soon.

PD doesnt do anything for injuries

ABC, ambulance before cruiser
Old 01-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #17
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post

Then that would have been mentioned in the call from OP and/or witnesses and the priority would have been bumped up with medics on-scene
Old 01-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #18
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
One day when you are old enough to pay taxes you can have an opinion, until then, go do your homework and stay off the computer.
I'm impressed
Old 01-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #19
diffidently glad that i am okay, just a slight seat belt bruise that's nothing major. The 1.5 wait was a long time, but here in Orlando if the police department comes they don't do anything as far as police reports or anything like that its all on the highway patrol/state trooper so you have to wait on them. When my gf was on her way right after it happened the route she took she said there was another really bad accident so more than likely the same trooper was at that same accident. After i called 911 they dispatched the ambulance and fire dept right away and it way my choice if i wanted to go with them to the hospital.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #20

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Then that would have been mentioned in the call from OP and/or witnesses and the priority would have been bumped up with medics on-scene
not sure how it works in huge departments, we have 20 guys, and wouldve tested the other driver. 2nd offense op-after suspension in NH is a custodial arrest (MISD) anyways, so nothing to lose in testing for impairment...