Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what is the best snow tire?

Old 01-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
hoodratstormtroop is a splendid one to beholdhoodratstormtroop is a splendid one to beholdhoodratstormtroop is a splendid one to beholdhoodratstormtroop is a splendid one to beholdhoodratstormtroop is a splendid one to beholdhoodratstormtroop is a splendid one to beholdhoodratstormtroop is a splendid one to behold
hoodratstormtroop's Tacoma Gallery
what is the best snow tire?

i was looking into duratracs goodyear.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodratstormtroop View Post
i was looking into duratracs goodyear.
I really lime the Goodyear wrangler silent amors...those are going to be my next tires...I use to have them on my first Tacoma and loved them and they also have the snowflake symbol on them
Old 01-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Nokian, X-Ice, or Blizzaks
Old 01-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Being that I am from Florida...I am anti-snow...

I do however know that the Duratrac's get good comments from other users in snow, but are still an aggressive all terrain rather than a snow tire.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
cdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
cdthiker's Tacoma Gallery
well...
Are you looking for a snow tire or a AT thats good in snow
it is a whole nother story depending on what your looking for
a tire that is great in the mud might suck in the snow .......
there are a few AT's out there that are snow rated
Hankook Danapro AT is what I run

if you are looking for a strictly snow tire to nokians mentioned above are the best money can buy
hankook winter pikes are good too

general makes a decent set as well
all are studdable

depends on what you want
Old 01-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #6
AK BWAYNE
Taco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 213 SWS Security Forces
Name: John
Taco7000's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on how much snow and ice your dealing with. Up here in Alaska I won't anything but blizzaks in the winter time. Had three Audis before I bought my 09 and they all had blizzaks and I just bought a new set of DMV-1 blizzaks for my truck. I drive 600 miles round trip every four days for work and I've had to go into 4WD maybe three times while on the highway. No weight in the bed and 2WD 98.9% of the time. There amazing. If you prefer studs the I'd recommend hakkapeliitta 7. I personally like stifles because studs will eventually start ripping out of the tire from tire spin on ice and gravel/salted roads up here. But they are another awesome snow tire.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #7
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs are more of an AT tire, not a snow tire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Nokian, X-Ice, or Blizzaks
x2

Here's a good place to start.