LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ODO Identification of Tacoma Gauge cluster.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:59 AM   #1
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
ODO Identification of Tacoma Gauge cluster.

Hello all,

I just bought a 2007 Tacoma for a decent deal over the weekend, which had the usual scratches and things for a used truck ,but I noticed something that disturbed me.

The vehicle was listed for 77,000 miles which I saw when I went to test drive on Saturday. When I came back to pick the truck up on Sunday, I noticed the ODO read 72000......This made me raise an eyebrow. Secondly, the only thing even near to questionable on the carfax was "mileage discrepancy." The dealer assured me that was a clerical error....Now I am starting to think otherwise. Why would the digital ODO change mileage while I was gone? and How?

So the question is, How do I identify if the gauge cluster in this truck matches the VIN on the dash? What do I look for? I am going to take the cluster out to replace the lens, so I figure I will check to see if it matches the truck. Any advice appreciated.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #2
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
I believe the total mileage is stored in the ECM. Not sure how you can get to
it in a Toyota but I could on my VW through the OBD2 maybe the dealer can.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #3
nathan3306 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Nathan
nathan3306's Tacoma Gallery
This is not good for your resale at all. You need to contact a local toyota dealership and see if there is anyway they can track down some service records or something. try contacting CarFax and see what comes up. If the issue cannot be resolved I would take the truck back to the dealership that you purchased the truck from.

I don't know man... maybe someone else will chime in but I came close to buying a tacoma from my "trusted dealer" back home with mileage discrepancies. He would not sell it to me until he got the carfax cleaned up from the previous person.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
Turns out there was a typo. Truck was sold at 71,000 to the dealer. Autotrader listed it wrong as 77,000 and I must have just glanced at the ODO thinking thats what I saw. Carfax and the dealers website always had it listed as 71,000. I will sleep a bit better.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
nathan3306 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Nathan
nathan3306's Tacoma Gallery
So what is going on with the CarFax? Wasn't there a discrepancy on the mileage?