Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pulled these out of my AC vents

Old 01-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #1
StickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
StickShifty's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled these out of my AC vents

a month or two ago i noticed i had a piece of foam blocking the air flow in one of the center vents. so today i pulled it out, and noticed that 3 out of the 4 front vents had foam that came loose and was blocking the airflow.

In the summer I noticed that my AC system was not cooling as much as other cars. To get the truck cool i had to use the recirculate button. I am going to say that this was my issue, not enough airflow.

Has anyone ever had this issue, i found it interesting that 3 out of the 4 front vents were blocked, and this truck is still basically new.

I attached a picture for your viewing pleasure.
Attached Thumbnails
Pulled these out of my AC vents-photo-14.jpg  
Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #3
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm....interesting.

Wonder where the source of the foam is.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:10 AM   #4
StickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pra4sno View Post
hmmm....interesting.

Wonder where the source of the foam is.
idk, they dont look too important, lol. i am curious to see if someone knows where they are from (like deep inside the system or something to keep the sides of the radio from getting too hot or cold).
Old 01-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
They most likely the foam surrounding the ductwork so it doesn't rattle against the vents in the dash. Odd that they would have shifted on you.

Have you had your dashboard worked on? Maybe a stereo installation shop?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #6
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
They most likely the foam surrounding the ductwork so it doesn't rattle against the vents in the dash. Odd that they would have shifted on you.

Have you had your dashboard worked on? Maybe a stereo installation shop?
inside of the truck is bone stock. just have one hot wire coming from the fuse panel under the steering wheel that goes under the center stack, back under the center cup holders, down under the passengers seat. to do this i had to take out the center console.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #8
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDirt View Post
haha. if the vents didn't have grills, it would have been like that.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #9
robm7 is on a distinguished road

robm7's Tacoma Gallery
No!!! last time i saw those freakin' things was when i owned a '92 VW Corrado. What a PITA to remove and they were brittle by that time making a mess.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #10
Spitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Spitz Stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickShifty View Post
a month or two ago i noticed i had a piece of foam blocking the air flow in one of the center vents. so today i pulled it out, and noticed that 3 out of the 4 front vents had foam that came loose and was blocking the airflow.

In the summer I noticed that my AC system was not cooling as much as other cars. To get the truck cool i had to use the recirculate button. I am going to say that this was my issue, not enough airflow.

Has anyone ever had this issue, i found it interesting that 3 out of the 4 front vents were blocked, and this truck is still basically new.

I attached a picture for your viewing pleasure.
My truck had the same problem. I noticed the foam in one of the vents the day I picked it up. Service guy said that the foam was suppose to be stuck to the inside of the vent to seal it. They ordered a new vent...which was on a 7-9 day backorder...and installed it under warranty.

Mine was only on one vent though not 3 .