Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

gas mileage

Old 01-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
gas mileage

Just picked up a 2013 Tacoma, and, I was wondering what type of gas mileage I can expect. How many miles do you get from 1/2 tank. How many miles from full tank? V6 only please, thanx! !
Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
WRATH OF ATREYU
Atreyus is on a distinguished road

Name: William
Atreyus's Tacoma Gallery
half a tank with mixed driving I get around 200, full tank before light comes on like around 325-330.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
Mpham is on a distinguished road
Name: Phil.
Mpham's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of threads here on mileage. Most get between 14 and 20. I just went 188 miles and filled up with 9 gallons. Gives me around 20 with mixed highway and around town driving. Never go below half so not sure how far a tank will go. You dont want to run out around here in winter time.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #4
tacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomaconvert's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my '12 SR5 V6 for about 5k miles now; milage greatly depends on how aggressive you are on the gas. Being moderate with acceleration, I'm averaging about 19-20 on the highway (70-75mph) and 15-17 city; I'm using an ultragauge to get those #'s.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Either way our trucks dont do great on gas mileage.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Here's what I've been getting for the first couple of months, of course your mileage may vary. I've always wanted to say that!

I think you can click it for more detailed info.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #8
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
My 2010, V-6, Automatic, 4WD mileage range (in 2WD) has been 14-20, with 16.5 average. Stop and go driving (city) really drops the mileage. Highway only, 70 mph max., and 19 mpg is possible if unloaded. I usually have mixed driving, for my average.

Knowing how to read your fuel gauge, and what it is telling you is helpful.

The tank is 21 gallons (80 liters)... the following has been true with both my 2nd gen. Tacomas, +/- 0.5 gallon:

When the gauge is pointing to the 3/4 line, you have used 5 gallons (16 in the tank)

When the gauge is pointing to the 1/2 line, you have used 9 gallons (12 in the tank)

When the gauge is pointing to the 1/4 line, you have used 13 gallons (8 in the tank)

When the low gas warning light comes on, you have used 17 gallons (4 in the tank)

When the gauge is pointing to the E line, you have used 18 gallons (3 in the tank).

I have never run out, nor wished to... but even if you run to Empty Line, you have more in there as a reserve, 3 gallons +/- .5.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #9
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and join Fuelly.com like many of us here have... see the mpg figure below in my posts? Every time you fill up, record your miles and gallons to fill, and Fuelly.com will track your mileage and create a graph and links to share.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #10
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
Thanx everyone!