1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Delete old phone from paired phones list?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by vsg1980, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Jan 8, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    vsg1980

vsg1980 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Prerunner V6 SR5
    Alright. I've looked all over the forum for this little bit of info, but I can't seem to find it. If this is a repeated post I am very sorry. I just want to know how to delete a paired cellphone from the paired devices list in a 2013 Tacoma. I've gone to the menu where you see what phones are paired and my wife's old iPhone is still there. I know it may not be a big deal that it's there, but I don't want to have it there. I like to keep my menus clean. I have the regular touchscreen headunit with no NAV, and no voice feature or whatever it's called. 2013 Tacoma 4X2 Prerunner SR5.

2. Jan 8, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap

try settings menu. go into paired phones list. push and hold on the phone u wanna delete. iirc

3. Jan 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    vsg1980

vsg1980 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Prerunner V6 SR5
    Thank you. As I was going through the steps you described, I discovered exactly where that list is and how you delete them. I didn't know this until yesterday, but I read (on here) that there is a safety feature with the touchscreen functions. While the vehicle is moving, certain options will be unusable so you won't get distracted fussing with the thing and crash. Kind of annoying, but a NECESSARY feature I will admit. Went to my Tacoma yesterday after reading that, and found deleting the phone is as easy as pie. Found the menu got rid of it. Thanks again.

4. Feb 18, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    Digital Louie

Digital Louie Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma TRD 4.0L
    Forums to the rescue again. I guess maybe I'm like other posters in that I think of issues as I'm driving. I agree this is necessary, to prevent disasters, but sure is frustrating. I too found the ability to delete quickly, once in my garage.:)

Products Discussed in

To Top