1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New here. Need help with 05 DC-Build Up.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NewToy05, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Jan 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    NewToy05

NewToy05 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tug
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab TRD
    Hi all! New guy here with some questions. I recently purchased a 2005 Tacoma DC. I plan to use this truck as a daily driver, but would also like to use it for light fourwheeling and hunting. I would like to run
    265 75 16 tires, with chains occasionally. I would also like to install some type of plate bumper up front that will house my Mile Marker SI9500 winch. My truck already has an A.R.E. Z-series topper on it. Also I tow a trailer with a raft on it occasionally, total weight between 1500 and 2000lbs if that makes any difference? I don’t want to spend a ton of money on this, but don’t want to buy junk either.
    My questions are what type of lift will I need to clear the larger tires with chains? What will I need to do to support the extra weight of the bumper and winch on the front? Will Bilstein 5100’s all the way around with a 1.5” AAL in the rear work? Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Jan 9, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    NewToy05

NewToy05 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tug
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab TRD
    Sorry if I am in thw wrong forum, just let me know where I need to move this. Thanks.

Products Discussed in

To Top