1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tires load range?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Fire Taco Fighter, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Jan 10, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    Fire Taco Fighter

Fire Taco Fighter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    trd
    I am looking to get new tires.......265/70/17 for my 11 dclb. I am not sure if I want 4 ply or 10ply load range E...i currently have 4 ply.Does the E rating give a harder ride?
    Any thoughts?
    Otto

2. Jan 10, 2013 at 7:37 PM
    jackrules

jackrules Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport LB
    DO NOT GET E RANGE, unless you are hauling a huge trailer mounted on a 5th wheel.

E range will lower your milage and slow you down. Standard 4 ply is more than enough for everything from standard driving to off roading to hauling within the stated tow capacity.

By the way, I recently got 265/70/17's and they don't rub at all but they come really close to it. Looks way better in any case!

3. Jan 10, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    X2....our trucks cant even pull enough weight to require E range tires but I had to get E range cause thats all my tires came in at the time.

4. Jan 10, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    GO FOR IT! GET THE E'S.

Anyway I got some E range Duratracs and they work great. They are 6 lbs more per tire.

But I do tow a heavy trailer sometimes. About 5500 lbs.

5. Jan 10, 2013 at 9:17 PM
    Walker

Walker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Walker
    Weippe, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    10 Trd OffRoad
    3" procomp, Light Racing UCA's
    I got the E's and even with them i was getting flats with my cummins, tires were Goodyear MTR with kevlar too. The farm store where i get my tires that is all they had, they are overkill but they give you piece of mind. Get the E's if your on rocks i havent had a problem on my tacoma but i think milage has suffered.

6. Jan 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    get D or E. i have 265/75r16 E and love them. i think the truck handles and corners 10x better than it did when i had the 265/70R16 rugged fails. i only lost like 1 or maybe 2 MPG. and truck still takes off and has the power that it did before. i can’t tell a difference in power at all.

7. Jan 10, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    I've got e rated... i'm sure they'd be hard as a rock and be a rough ride if you had the psi cranked up, but for general puposes with no load you'll want to be down around 36 psi. They give a great ride and alot more stability... plus you'll more than likely never have to worry about getting a flat or damage from offroading.

Products Discussed in

To Top