LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Preparing for 315's....

Old 02-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #41
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
nice work on the cuts!

you have more close ups of your tabs you used to help secure the flares? i like that...
Old 02-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #42
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
nice work on the cuts!

you have more close ups of your tabs you used to help secure the flares? i like that...
I'll try to get some better pics if it ever stops raining. I didn't do the same thing in the front though, since the front seems much tighter with just the clips.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #43
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work, what did you cut the flair with?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #44
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
Thanks to some other members that have already done similar mods, I've begun hacking away at my fenders to begin preparing for some 35's. Finished the rears. Hopefully start on the fronts in a few weeks.

Basically, just used a jigsaw to cut 3" out of both the plastic flare, and metal fender. To give the flare a bit more support than just the plastic clips, I epoxied some of the cutout parts of the flare onto the inner side of it, and also did the same for the metal fender. This created a couple of tabs to be able to bolt the flare to the fender to give it some rigidity.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #45
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man, think that's what I'm going to do when I go 35's......do you think 2" cut off would work or is 3" needed? My flare tabs are all but gone so I may need to epoxy those back together???
Old 02-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #47
Cyborg is on a distinguished road

Army: Airborne!
Name: Neil
Cyborg's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man. thats some nice work! can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #49
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
Jigsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Looks great man, think that's what I'm going to do when I go 35's......do you think 2" cut off would work or is 3" needed? My flare tabs are all but gone so I may need to epoxy those back together???
I would go 3". Some guys that did the same thing reported back that 2.5" wasn't quite enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
looks good man. thats some nice work! can't wait to see the finished product!
Click my sig pic....
Old 03-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #51
Haws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Shawn
Haws's Tacoma Gallery
What clips did you use to reattach your fenders with? I found some blue ones on ebay 100 for 20 bucks. Do I need the orange ones too? I have my fenders off now I just need to figure out how to make sure I cut both of them the same... And grow some balls and start cutting
Old 03-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #52
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
flares need both the blue and orange clips
Old 03-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #55
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Good work. Looks great.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #56
Darkside11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Darkside11's Tacoma Gallery
Looks really clean with the factory flares cut. I've been contemplating this for a while now and have decided to get replica bushwacker flares and clearance them. They have the indents to put bolts in to hold the flare in place. The originals bolts are for looks but I plan to replace them with stainless hardware and drill mounting holes. I just don't like the way the glass fenders fit and really want to keep the stock steel with the 35's.
Thanks for the write up for reassurance.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #57
TOYWERX
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside11 View Post
Looks really clean with the factory flares cut. I've been contemplating this for a while now and have decided to get replica bushwacker flares and clearance them. They have the indents to put bolts in to hold the flare in place. The originals bolts are for looks but I plan to replace them with stainless hardware and drill mounting holes. I just don't like the way the glass fenders fit and really want to keep the stock steel with the 35's.
Thanks for the write up for reassurance.
Did that already...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/hom...der-flare.html
Old 05-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #58
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Factory Flares SUA LT and 35's.....

I may look into copying you OP! I'll shoot you a PM with some questions
Old 07-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #60
Evenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Evenflow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
Actually, I had the same thought using foam. I'm gonna wait to see how much of a problem it really is first though. I don't think it will be too bad.
Do not use expandable spray foam ...it will squeak like hell after a while as the foam rubs when things flex. People went crazy with that stuff when it first came out years ago trying to use it for sound deadening but they ended up with a giant rolling squeaky toy for dogs to chase I'm doing custom flares right now myself and I would suggest simply making your own glass liners with cloth and resin then spray with rattle can bed liner.