1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headrest?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by phreako187247, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Jan 15, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    phreako187247

phreako187247 [OP] Newb!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    12 4X4 6spd TRD Sport DCSB
    Toyota Hood/Bug Deflector Toyota Spare Tire Lock Toyota Skid Plate Toyota Bed Mat Toyota TRD 6spd Ball Shifter Toyota Roof Rack Toyota Bed Extender Console Vault K&N Air Filter Pop and Lock Tailgate handle WeatherTech In-channel Window Visors Rear Differential Breather Relocation More mods to come!!!
    Anyone else's drivers seat headrest rattle? I've seen a few of posts on here in regards to the passenger seat headrest. However it's the drivers seat in my truck. Anyone?

2. Jan 15, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    conquistador

conquistador Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    88 4Runner
    Both of mine rattle along with my dash. When at the second notch. I have a 12' TRD. I'm starting to think my truck was built on a friday.

3. Jan 15, 2013 at 7:02 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    Out of curiosity, do the driver- and passenger headrests interchange? Might want to try swapping them.

4. Jan 15, 2013 at 8:10 PM
    phreako187247

phreako187247 [OP] Newb!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    12 4X4 6spd TRD Sport DCSB
    Toyota Hood/Bug Deflector Toyota Spare Tire Lock Toyota Skid Plate Toyota Bed Mat Toyota TRD 6spd Ball Shifter Toyota Roof Rack Toyota Bed Extender Console Vault K&N Air Filter Pop and Lock Tailgate handle WeatherTech In-channel Window Visors Rear Differential Breather Relocation More mods to come!!!
    I am not sure if they're interchangeable but for the heck of it i'll try it out tomorrow to see if anything changes. I too think maybe my truck was a Friday built truck. I will say though that I've noticed the rattle when the headrest is all the way inserted into the seat and on the 1st notch. I haven't bothered to check any other notches. I am going to throw out another question since yours is also a 12' TRD. Have you noticed a minor creaking noise from the center console area while accelerating when it's cold outside and/or when someone is riding in the passenger seat? It's not obnoxious but obvious it's there.

5. Jan 15, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    conquistador

conquistador Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    88 4Runner
    Yes I have the creaking noise. The dash creak/ rattle is really pissing me off. Truck just rolled 5000 mi this started at 1500mi. I plan on taking back to the dealer but am reluctant because I know that they can cause more damage than its worth. I also have heard its hard to get a dash installed properly other than on the assembly line. I can't see myself dealing with this noise for very much longer. Oh i also have a rattle in my drivers door panel or b pillar area. Maybe I'm expecting to much from these trucks. My 88 4runner has less creaks and rattles than my 2012

6. Apr 24, 2016 at 3:12 PM
    tacomaflyer

tacomaflyer Member

Member:
    pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD offroad, leveling kit
    low range off road leveling kit, TRD short shifter, blacked out wheels, window tint
    I got my dash to stop rattling by wedging a pie shaped section, about 3/8 wide,of black pipe insulation between the window and the dash. It helps to have a flat pry bar to push it down. The plastic knives I initially used kept punching through the insulation. Very cheap fix, barely noticable and works well.

7. Apr 24, 2016 at 3:29 PM
    tomwil

tomwil Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Coast USA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Reg Cab 4x4

Products Discussed in

To Top