1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weird noise under the hood...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Baitman, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Jan 15, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    Baitman

Baitman [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Les
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2007 Taco Quad Cab
    Crave 2 wheels and new tires- Clarion remote start and car alarm, and soon to be a leveling kit...
    Hello!

Im new in the Taco world. I traded in my 2007 JK for a 2007 Tacoma last week and loving it. After i have calmed down a bit I have started to notice a weird noise under the hood. I have bumper to bumper warranty, but want to diagnose it with your help first...

It only happens when im driving in the city 30-40 mph and only when I am maintaining the same speed. It sounds like a air/soft flapping sound near the intake area... My first though was the air intake, but it goes away when i apply more gas or take my foot off the gas, It only makes sounds when driving... Not sure if this is enough info, but good luck helping me...

off question-

I ordered a leveling kit from hell bent steel (good price and good reviews).
    The truck does not look bad already and actually looks level, but I cant stand tire rubbing on my fenders (tires and wheels were already installed when I bought it)!!! Is a 2.5" kit going to be over kill or will it barely be noticeable?

Thanks Guys for reading and I am looking forward to your comments!

Les

2. Jan 15, 2013 at 6:07 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Check the rubber splash gaurds in the fender wells. I had a similar noise, and it drove me crazy for about 30miles of driving. Looked in the fender well and one of the splash gaurds had popped off. Good luck

3. Jan 15, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    Baitman

Baitman [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Les
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2007 Taco Quad Cab
    Crave 2 wheels and new tires- Clarion remote start and car alarm, and soon to be a leveling kit...
    I will take a look, but it sounds like it is closer to the firewall. Noises under the hood can be deceiving.

Products Discussed in

To Top