1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Contact for Warranty Dispute

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wht10TRD, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Jan 15, 2013 at 7:24 PM
    wht10TRD

wht10TRD [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Does anyone know of a contact high up at Toyota that can help with a warranty dispute? I have a 2010 Tacoma and the hinge inside the gas door has bent - looks to be a result of the pin rusting to the lower hinge. I had this worked on at the dealer about a year ago (due to the door rubbing the inner fender - it was "adjusted" at that time). This time, I went to a new dealer and they ordered the parts and scheduled the work. Today, they called back and said that the regional warranty contact stopped the work because it was my fault the door bent. Long story short, it looks like I am getting cheated out of a warranty repair. I called the dealer that origionally performed the work. They said they would like to help, but if the regional warranty puts me on a "blacklist" for that warranty repair, there is nothing that any dealer can do for me in the country. I would like to get in touch with someone high enough up to help with this issue - not allow someone who never saw the vehicle to make such a decision (I thought I saw this on a thread here at some point in time, but I can no longer find it).

Thanks

2. Jan 15, 2013 at 7:28 PM
    moondeath

moondeath Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    5100 @ 0” w/ 2.5” Eibach spring, 1.5" Icon Progressive 3 leaf + 1” block, Procomp Wheels, Grill Thin Lip (Custom Car Grills Mod), Access Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock Tailgate Electronic Lock PL8521
    The Toyota customer center phone number is 1-800-331-4331

3. Jan 15, 2013 at 7:32 PM
    wht10TRD

wht10TRD [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Thanks

I have been down that road...they told me it will take them a few days to get back to me.

I thought I saw a contact pretty high up at Toyota on here at one point that I may try should that option fail...

4. Jan 15, 2013 at 8:02 PM
    cjimenRR

cjimenRR Be Good or Be Good At It

Member:
    North Hollywood, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12' Sport DC,LB, 4x4
    Have the original dealer tell you when the regional rep. will be at their facility and schedule an appointment to have that rep look at your truck in person. Reps usually visit each dealer once a month ( at least here on the west coast they do) to make calls in person on such items as high dollar amount or body/paint issues. Be polite and state your case reminding them that they have already attempted once to actually repair the door. Hope that helps

5. Jan 16, 2013 at 2:48 AM
    wht10TRD

wht10TRD [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Thanks...I guess it just surprises me the difference you see from one dealer to the next. I am not dealing with my 5th (I think) dealer in 4 states - I moved around a lot in the first two years and 33,000 miles of this trucks life.

Products Discussed in

To Top