Notices

My new K&N intake

Old 02-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
Derek S is on a distinguished road

Derek S's Tacoma Gallery
My new K&N intake

Got finished installing my K&N intake.
First impressions... I LOVE IT .
Install was simple, i took my time and got it done in a hour.
I love the sound, It brings a smile to my face every time i give it that little bit of extra gas. Good thing fuel prices are low .

Here are a few pics for now and i will post a video of it later.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
HBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HBtacoma
Nice! what kinda intake is that?
Old 02-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtacoma View Post
Nice! what kinda intake is that?

K&N Did you learn to read? lol

Looks good. You should look into one of those socks for it thou
Old 02-02-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
^ I actually hear that the sock ( I guess you are talking about the K&N drycharger thing) reduces performance and mpg but I have no personal experience just testimonies of others
Old 02-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #8
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
ur welcome for the amazing deal
Old 02-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #9

Derek S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
ur welcome for the amazing deal
Thanks bro, I called up K&N like you said and got the mass air sensor gasket but i also ordered all the bolts and small peaces so the only parts i reused was the intake tube, filter and heat shield. Lovin it so far. Thanks
Old 02-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #10
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
HBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HBtacoma
Being that i dont know about intakes, i was wonering what kind , as in if theres any difference in each k&n series. Im sure everyone here knows how to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
k&n Did you learn to read? Lol

:dlooks good. You should look into one of those socks for it thou
Old 02-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #11

Derek S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtacoma View Post
Being that i dont know about intakes, i was wonering what kind , as in if theres any difference in each k&n series. Im sure everyone here knows how to read.
Im not sure of the other series K&N intakes but the one i have is the 63 series.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #12
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
hmm..... I was thinking that the intake I bought off ebay wasn't a K&N but this looks almost exactly like the one I have except for my polished aluminum intake tube. Have you noticed any MPG drop from having it on? I noticed a 5% or so drop in MPGs on my truck.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #13
ilovemytaco is on a distinguished road
ilovemytaco's Tacoma Gallery
i wnt an intake but whats the part tht make it tke so long?
Old 02-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
red06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to behold

red06toy's Tacoma Gallery
nice job, looks good!
Old 02-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #15
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
im actually thinking about taking mine off and doing a deckplate mod. Not 100% sure yet.

Any sound clips of it?
Old 02-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #17
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
hmm..... I was thinking that the intake I bought off ebay wasn't a K&N but this looks almost exactly like the one I have except for my polished aluminum intake tube. Have you noticed any MPG drop from having it on? I noticed a 5% or so drop in MPGs on my truck.
the 77 series K&N has the aluminum tubing and the heat from the engine heating that metal tube cant help the mileage. i had one and noticed a drop from stock w/ the same type of driving
Old 02-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #18
Allens_Piece has a spectacular aura aboutAllens_Piece has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: Employed
Allens_Piece's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 63 series and have had the drop in the MPG's. I went from getting about 280+ miles on a tank to just 230, and that is when i am really soft on the pedal. but like you mentioned derek, I cant keep my foot off the gas. I drive a 6 speed and throwing it down two gears to pass someone almost makes me climax at the sound it makes tied in with the TRD exhaust...
Old 02-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #19
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #20
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
the 77 series K&N has the aluminum tubing and the heat from the engine heating that metal tube cant help the mileage. i had one and noticed a drop from stock w/ the same type of driving
yeah hodge, I know the 77 has the aluminum tube, It looks like that's what mine is. At highway speeds the intake air temp is a few degrees cooler than with the factory intake, actually quite near actual outside air temp, but come to a stoplight and the intake tube warms up real quick. My intake air temp jumps like 30* when at a stoplight according to my SG2. I absolutely love the growl I get from it when I get on the throttle though and my SG2's HP readout shows it added 12hp to my peak power. I think I'm going to keep it on.