Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Interstate or Wallmart replacement battery?

View Poll Results: Which battery choice?
Toyota OEM battery from a dealer for $241 4 5.97%
Interstate Mega-Tron Plus 27F for $165 26 38.81%
Wallmart Everstart Maxx 27N for $103 26 38.81%
Interstate 24F or Duralast Gold 24F battery for around $150-$160 11 16.42%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #21
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Do I understand this correctly?

24F or 27F - positive is on right hand side
24, 24R or 27, 27R - positive is on left hand side
27N - not sure yet. (Should be same size/capacity as 27F, 27R or 27 due to being 27 class)
No.

24 and 27 are LH.

24R/F and 27R/F are RH
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #22
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Moleman View Post
not sure how you are getting $241 for a Toyota dealer battery. They cost $90 to $100 at the stealerships here.
Hmm, they are called stealership for a reason. But seriously, I may have to stop by after work and see if they made a mistake last time.

Edit: Just googled a bit and you are right. Toyota P/N 00544-27F60-710 is anywhere from $80-$106 online in Toyota Of Dallas for example. I will definitely go to to dealer tonight and see what they have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
No.

24 and 27 are LH.

24R/F and 27R/F are RH
I see, thanks again Ben.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #23
the logical one
fixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
fixer5000's Tacoma Gallery
i got 10 years out of a duralast gold from autozone. 98 jeep grand cherokee in new england at that!! as noted yes they are made by johnson controls
Old 01-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #24
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
I like interstates.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #25
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Walmart batteries are fine. Photocopy your receipt. The original, heat won't last, and Walmart won't honor the warranty without it.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #26
mbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura aboutmbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Matt
mbrogz3000's Tacoma Gallery
Interstate is my choice, I put one of those in my mazda after its battery gracefully died after 5 years, and never had any starting issues after that.

I put a $60 wally-world battery in my wife's 2004 corolla about 3 years ago and its still running strong. In fact once I fixed her intake manifold gasket issue (improperly designed Toyota gasket caused a serious vacuum leak which lead to severe sputtering at cold temperatures), which helped ruled out the charging system as a problem I couldn't be happier with the starting and charge retention performance of that battery.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #27
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
I have a WalWorld battery in my diesel tractor/loader and have had no problems. They last about four years in the worst battery environment possible. It sits up front of the radiator, is exposed to a lot of vibration and shocks, undergoes significant discharges during the winter heating the glow plugs and cranking the cold diesel and sits for weeks unused.

You could probably do a search on the difference between the F and N suffixes.

Jim
Old 01-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #28
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
^ Thanks

Maybe N suffix stands for narrow? According to page 3 of this pdf...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.cGE&cad=rja
Old 01-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #29
4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
4x4Taco2012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm, they are called stealership for a reason. But seriously, I may have to stop by after work and see if they made a mistake last time.

Edit: Just googled a bit and you are right. Toyota P/N 00544-27F60-710 is anywhere from $80-$106 online in Toyota Of Dallas for example. I will definitely go to to dealer tonight and see what they have to say.

I see, thanks again Ben.

Definitely check the dealership again. I just purchased a new Toyota battery from my dealer for my '07 4Runner and it was roughly $90.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #30
Wayne has a spectacular aura aboutWayne has a spectacular aura about
Army: 59th combat engineers
Wayne's Tacoma Gallery
Check Costco--Best deal I could find and has more cold cracking capicty and 3 year free replacement.
Wayne
Old 01-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #31
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Walmart Battery in the Ridgeline and it is fine...Honda wanted twice the $$ while both Advanced and Autozone only had their top of the line in stock...

Tacoma is an '02 and only has had 2 battery's..OEM for 6 years and a Duralast since...Not bad for New England ..
Old 01-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #32

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
Check Costco--Best deal I could find and has more cold cracking capicty and 3 year free replacement.
Wayne
I could not find neither 24F or 27F in my local Costco. It was the first place I went to check.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #33
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
Wayne
THIS
got one for my mazda. more CCA and almost half the price of the vatozone gold
Old 01-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #34
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I could not find neither 24F or 27F in my local Costco. It was the first place I went to check.
nvmnd them
Old 01-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #35
Treeswing is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
Treeswing's Tacoma Gallery
We just went with a AAA battery when ours died. We got nearly stranded in Yosemite a couple years ago, so the roadside service(and general AAA awesomeness) anywhere is what sold me. 27F - 100$

CAA have the same deal?
Old 01-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #36
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
The worst luck in batteries was the Champion brand from Sams, there has been an Everlast in my 68 dodge for 6 years now, I usually get them from the local autoparts store and get the freshest one I can find.

Howard
Old 01-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #37
tollyr14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tolly
tollyr14's Tacoma Gallery
All those batteries are made by the same company FYI
Old 01-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #38
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Get the CHEAPEST battery with the LONGEST free replacement warranty.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #39
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
When my yota batt dies interstate it will be for me.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #40
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
Hans,

The OP is Canadian, so Canadian Dollars, not U.S. dollars.