Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

question on KC headlights

Old 01-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #21
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a trans cooler you are going to have issues mounting 4 lights with a deep Satoshi, without relocating it.

Take a look at my build thread, page 2, it is a close fit but they do fit. Let me know what measurements you are looking for, and I can get more pictures if needed.

Sadly my mesh is too dense and my letters obstruct a lot of the light, had a feeling that would happen but still like them. Might swap the bulbs and wiring for 100W setup.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #23
beaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: scott
beaver_scott's Tacoma Gallery
this setup that I have is the bamf behind the grill light bar. I did not have to relocate the trans cooler but I did relocate the horn. I do believe that on the bamf vendor tab on this site it is indicated that it will work with a satoshi grill and 4 hella 500 lights without moving the tranny cooler. there are pics to show how close the lights are to the mesh grill and the tranny cooler. also, the pre cut/drilled light tabs on the bamf light bar allow you to adjust the lights forward towards the front of the grill and back away from the grill.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #24
folmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monty
folmonty's Tacoma Gallery
Great execution example

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver_scott View Post
i have 4 hella 500. they are low priced and they work well.
That's a beautifully clean set-up. Is there any reflection issue that's noticeable so far as you can tell? My application would be for cruising deserts and mountains at night. Not going fast. Well done!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #26
startj32 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Master Sergeant
Name: Tony
startj32's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Hella Lights

[QUOTE=beaver_scott;6292866]i have 4 hella 500. they are low priced and they work well.
]
I love this look, who did them? How difficult is this to do?
Old 01-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #27
beaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: scott
beaver_scott's Tacoma Gallery
i just did it myself. it was pretty simple. grillcraft grill, bamf light bar and 4 hella 500s. the hardest part is cutting out the center grill piece to install the grillcraft grill.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #28
Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask
JayDawg is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayDawg's Tacoma Gallery
I have 4 PIAA 80 racing series off road lights. They were originally on my 97' Tacoma and were purchased and installed new on it in 1997. 15 years later and the bulb just went out on one after countless hours of use which also includes several all night off roading trips in my old truck and them being used for several hours straight on my 07' as well. I absolutely love these off road lights and will be buying more or the ones like them soon that are just high beam only. These have bot ha low and high beam so they are very versatile or if I am following someone off roading, I can switch to low beams and not blind them.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #29
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^^^ what light bar is that man?
Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #30
Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask
JayDawg is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayDawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueitrgsr View Post
^^^^^^^^ what light bar is that man?
That is a Randy Ellis light bar. I bought it in 2007 shortly after buying my truck. It was not all that expensive either and has been great. Very easy to install too. I think maybe 4 bolts on each side and everything mounts up to stock locations so no holes need to be drilled.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #31
Hound83 is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Mike
Hound83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver_scott View Post
i just did it myself. it was pretty simple. grillcraft grill, bamf light bar and 4 hella 500s. the hardest part is cutting out the center grill piece to install the grillcraft grill.
Did you change your lights to 2 bigger ones? I will soon have a bamf light bar and a thin lip satoshi, deciding on lights now. I have it narrowed down to Hella, but was wondering what size you have now, they look bigger than the 4 Hella 500s.