Notices

Need me some WICKED FLOW opinions!

Old 01-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
Whitey taco woot woot
OffRoadAdam is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
OffRoadAdam's Tacoma Gallery
Need me some WICKED FLOW opinions!

So looking at exhaust options to make my truck sound like a TRUCK, saw youtube vids but im smart enough to know it doesnt do the sound justice from cheap-o cameras.

Wicked Flow mufflers caught my interest for sure. Looking for opinions from some of you out there that may have one on their rig or have heard them! Are they loud? quiet? ricey? easy to install? Ive got basic mig welding skills down....this something i could tackle in my garage?

(First thread Woo!)

thanks!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Tacoma SD is on a distinguished road

Name: Cameron
Tacoma SD's Tacoma Gallery
I see you haven't gotten any feedback on this and dont know if you have decided on a muffler yet.

I just got a wicked flow muffler off craigslist for $40 and had it installed. I had them hack off the stock muffler and use the stock piping and put a tip on the end.

Sound is amazing. It is not loud or obnoxious, but it does have a nice rumble when you get on it. There are tons of threads on this exhaust but unfortunately nothing does it justice until you actually put it on your truck!

On the freeway it is virtually silent and is only noticeable when it downshifts.
Ill try and get a decent video of mine but here is the best and most similar to mine.
http://youtu.be/Eug4gLE7jwc

Hope this helps and sorry for the tire shine. lol

Old 04-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
NorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to behold
NorCalTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I just put in my Aero Turbine 2525XL and its awesome.
Grunts when your on it, quiet when your not.

Sounds alot like the wicked flow.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
dsrtne1 will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
dsrtne1's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I would stay away from Wicked Flow mufflers. I am in the exhaust business and inquired about Wicked Flow mufflers with my distributor and he told me he no longer sells them because of all the problems his customers were having. These mufflers are basically a knock-off of Magnaflow mufflers. My distributor even had a Magnaflow and Wicked Flow cut open so i could see the mufflers and internals side by side. They looked identical, with the exception of one thing, the stainless mesh. In the picture of a Magnaflow below, you can see there is a perforated core, stainless steel mesh surrounding it, and fiberglass packing beyond that to muffle the sound. Wicked Flow does not use stainless mesh so the mesh quickly rusts and rots out resulting in the tone of the exhaust changing as more of the mesh breaks down and exits through the exhaust. Just my $0.02. Plenty of members have Wicked Flow mufflers and are happy with them, but a Wicked Flow didn't make its way onto my truck.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #6
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtne1 View Post
Personally, I would stay away from Wicked Flow mufflers. I am in the exhaust business and inquired about Wicked Flow mufflers with my distributor and he told me he no longer sells them because of all the problems his customers were having. These mufflers are basically a knock-off of Magnaflow mufflers. My distributor even had a Magnaflow and Wicked Flow cut open so i could see the mufflers and internals side by side. They looked identical, with the exception of one thing, the stainless mesh. In the picture of a Magnaflow below, you can see there is a perforated core, stainless steel mesh surrounding it, and fiberglass packing beyond that to muffle the sound. Wicked Flow does not use stainless mesh so the mesh quickly rusts and rots out resulting in the tone of the exhaust changing as more of the mesh breaks down and exits through the exhaust. Just my $0.02. Plenty of members have Wicked Flow mufflers and are happy with them, but a Wicked Flow didn't make its way onto my truck.

Where you located? Might need a new muffler soon.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #7
dsrtne1 will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
dsrtne1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Where you located? Might need a new muffler soon.
I'm in Downey. I do sales, not installations though.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #8
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the 18" one. The shop that I took it to had no problem putting it on. Its subtle which is what I wanted. Decent sound when you step on it, but it doesn't sound raspy. I always wonder what the 13" would sound like though