Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Questions for Regular Cab Owners

Old 01-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
rickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
rickcrna's Tacoma Gallery
Questions for Regular Cab Owners

I haven't test driven a Regular Cab yet but here are a couple of questions:

1) Do you miss any of the SR5 package items? Apparently this package is not always offered on the RC.

2) Because of the limited cab space, are there any issues with achieving comfortable leg room for the taller drivers?

I sure like the looks and maneuverability of the RC but have the above concerns.

Thanks
Old 01-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
09DirtyTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Cole
09DirtyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
1) no they're just cosmetic things .

2) no the second gen regular cab is decently sized . People always comment to me that's it pretty roomy . I'm 6'1 and do not drive with the seat all the way back unless on long trips . Plenty of leg room . Some Room to also store behind the seat .
X2
Old 01-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
Tacomaized
Kulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19th Special Forces Airborne
Name: Roger
Kulahaga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcrna View Post
I haven't test driven a Regular Cab yet but here are a couple of questions:

1) Do you miss any of the SR5 package items? Apparently this package is not always offered on the RC.

2) Because of the limited cab space, are there any issues with achieving comfortable leg room for the taller drivers?

I sure like the looks and maneuverability of the RC but have the above concerns.

Thanks
The only items that I missed were Cruise Control, Intermittent Wipers and Fog Lights. I have since added these items and couldn't be happier.

I am 6'3'' and weigh 210 lbs. and the cab is quite comfortable for me.

I will soon add a tonneau cover since there is hardly any storage space behind the seat for things you may want to take with you without exposing them to rain, thieves, etc.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
TFLT is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Lieutenant Platoon Cmdr
TFLT's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a big fan of the reg cab. I have a 10, and like it more each year. I keep the cab well stocked with all the gear I might ever need. The reg cab is like a puzzle, it makes you really think about what you need, how much of it you need to carry, and where you need to carry it. I was not very impressed with the bench at first, and looked for some type of center console to use but nothing was quite right untill last week. I had an old (unused) square craftsman tool tote that laying around and it turned out to be perfect for the job after slight modding, so now I am even happy with the bench.
I do have a torza top on the bed and use a few "action packers" for groceries and stuff I dont need rolling around in the bed.

almost forgot, 6'2" no problem in the cab.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
1) no they're just cosmetic things .

2) no the second gen regular cab is decently sized . People always comment to me that's it pretty roomy . I'm 6'1 and do not drive with the seat all the way back unless on long trips . Plenty of leg room . Some Room to also store behind the 4seat .
×3
Old 01-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Add the options YOU want. No problems.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
dads 6-4 and loves his rc. however its his "toy" so he doesn't spend a whole bunch of time in it. i myself also drive a "basic" model truck and have zero complaints other than the three speed wipers. they only go fast, too fast, and rediculous. light rains require that you bump them occasionally rather than leave them on. easy fix though
Old 01-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #9
larrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: larry
larrybbaker's Tacoma Gallery
2012 RC Auto 4x4. Roomy cab, space behind the seats for some stuff. Roomy center console and glove box. Miss cruise control and intermittent wipers. Had dealer throw in fog lights as part of deal. Have installed my own radio and getting a bed cover soon. Also added 17 " alloys.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #10
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
My reg cab has plenty of room and I'm 6'1. My truck is an 2006 sr5 so it comes with bucket seats, console, sliding back glass, and wiper delay. I drive a 09 or 10 base mo tdel at work it has the bench seat and a sliding back glass. The bench seat isn't as cofortable.as the buckets but is more useful because you can put 3 people in it. The radio in the work truck didn't seem as loud or clear as my 06
Old 01-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #11
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybbaker View Post
2012 RC Auto 4x4. Roomy cab, space behind the seats for some stuff. Roomy center console and glove box. Miss cruise control and intermittent wipers. Had dealer throw in fog lights as part of deal. Have installed my own radio and getting a bed cover soon. Also added 17 " alloys.
Wipers and cruise are easy add ons ... search some threads ... I added these on my '06 RC ... I have since moved on to a '10 AC ... as far as looks I think the RC is the best looking one.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #12
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
same comments as others have basically. i have the bench seat, i think the buckets with the center console would be more functional and comfortable at times. space wise think about what you need to keep in the truck with you all the times. you can pile a decent amount of items behind the bench and a couple grocery bags on the front seat/floor...!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #13
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
I had access cabs for 15 years, before returning to a regular cab. The "back seat" became only a collection point for junk that I should have taken out but did not. As others have pointed out, you can easily add variable speed wipers, cruise control and even fog lights.

The regular cab is just plain fun to drive when compared to an access or double cab. If you get the automatic transmission, you receive 5 cupholders in the console from Toyota using the same console in all cabs.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #14
Canes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EAOS 83'
Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Add the options YOU want. No problems.

That, is part of the fun.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #16
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Love mine
Old 01-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #17
Bill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the rough

Bill in Ky's Tacoma Gallery
This '08 is my third RC Toyota. I added a junk yard cruise stem ($10) (ordered the clutch switch and wire under air bag) and on any time fog lights before I had 200 miles on it.
Love it....
Old 01-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #18
rickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rickcrna's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you so much for all of your comments/suggestions. The needle has definitely been moved in the direction of a regular cab for the reasons stated.

Sounds like adding the cruise control, intermittent wipers, and fog lights are do-it-yourself projects with the right tools and know-how. I'll do a search on those items and get educated.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #19
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine. I did add the fogs. But the wipers don't really bother me, and the cruise control is only irritating if your driving a distance. Other than that no complaints here.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #20
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
07regtacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Almost 6'5" and still don't have the seat all the way back.Its the perfect size.Anyone else use the removeable cleats to hold your grocery bags?All in all perfect size.