Billstein 5100, Rear TSB, My Experience

Old 01-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #22
nathan3306 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Nathan
nathan3306's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
I just spoke to a guy at the 4wheelparts store. He said My 2012 dc would be level with the 5100's upfront with the stock coils at 2.5. Is that true or do I need to add a leaf. My truck doesnt qualify for a TSB leaf. I dont want to be nose high.
Pretty sure you have the TSB already. Count the number of leafs you got back there.

3 non-tsb

4 w/tsb
Old 01-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #23
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
I just spoke to a guy at the 4wheelparts store. He said My 2012 dc would be level with the 5100's upfront with the stock coils at 2.5. Is that true or do I need to add a leaf. My truck doesnt qualify for a TSB leaf. I dont want to be nose high.
You will be nose high IMO. Everyone seems to have their own opinion of what level is though. You have to decide what level is for yourself. I'm sitting at NTB as I type waiting on mine. I'm doing 1.75 with the rear tsb. That seems to be level to me from my research.

I was going to do the install myself but they are doing the front for $100 and then what alignment package I pick. He'll it was going to cost me $40-$50 just to pull the coil assembly myself and have a shop swap them. Can't beat this deal IMO. I'll post pics later.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #25
60% of the time it works every time
Hollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hollywood22's Tacoma Gallery
looks bad ass double b!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #26
D.Robb is on a distinguished road

Name: D-Robb
D.Robb's Tacoma Gallery
I have the exact same set up.....5100s all the way around. Front at 1.75 with rear leaf tsb.....just awesome!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Billstein 5100, Rear TSB, My Experience-tacoma-wtsb.jpg  
Old 01-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #27
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Robb View Post
I have the exact same set up.....5100s all the way around. Front at 1.75 with rear leaf tsb.....just awesome!!!!!!
Yeah I remember your truck when I was trying to decide on mine. Looks great!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #28
toyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Darrell
toyotaman29's Tacoma Gallery
Man, all 3 trucks look great and level...
Old 01-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #29
AZDesertTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Pamela
AZDesertTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome looking trucks!!! I have the 2012 DCSB Sport with the 18" wheels and I'm kinda fond of the size now. I believe I have the 4 leaf pack (TSB.) To me the truck looks pretty level, however it looks I like it. Wondering what size tires I could run if I added the 5100's?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #30

D.Robb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Yeah I remember your truck when I was trying to decide on mine. Looks great!
Thanks man...gotta luv the set up
Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #31

Quote:
Thanks man...gotta luv the set up
Rides great so far. I was worried it would ride rough. Seems about the same with less body roll and less nose dive. I like it!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #32
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think this has been the best thing I did to the truck - same set up here, rides great. When I did the rear TSB leafs, I ran the stock TRD Billy's they installed for a while. The 5100's just feel like a much better shock ride wise. and it seems the 1.75" setting is the sweet spot with our trucks.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #33

D.Robb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
I think this has been the best thing I did to the truck - same set up here, rides great. When I did the rear TSB leafs, I ran the stock TRD Billy's they installed for a while. The 5100's just feel like a much better shock ride wise. and it seems the 1.75" setting is the sweet spot with our trucks.
Agree 1000000%
Old 02-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #34
m32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Edwin
m32's Tacoma Gallery
Guys, your trucks look great. I just picked up my '13 DCSB Sport so please excuse my noob question. Are all you guys did in the front was just swap out the shock to 5100s? No change out in springs?

Edwin
Old 02-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #35
REDdawn6 is on a distinguished road

REDdawn6's Tacoma Gallery
Not trying to thread jack but WTF is TSB ??? I have a 2011 DCSB 4x4 and I have 3 leaves. Is something wrong with that?
Old 02-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #36
\m/ armor on meats \m/
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDdawn6 View Post
Not trying to thread jack but WTF is TSB ??? I have a 2011 DCSB 4x4 and I have 3 leaves. Is something wrong with that?
Read this: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ta-tacoma.html

and this: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...sb-0359-10.pdf
Old 02-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by m32 View Post
Guys, your trucks look great. I just picked up my '13 DCSB Sport so please excuse my noob question. Are all you guys did in the front was just swap out the shock to 5100s? No change out in springs?

Edwin
Used the factory coil spring, the 5100's have 4 settings to compress the coil giving lift, except for the first setting which is stock height.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #38

m32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Used the factory coil spring, the 5100's have 4 settings to compress the coil giving lift, except for the first setting which is stock height.
Thanks. I understand now. Is there a reason why you guys didn't swap out the stock spring with the eibach one that comes with the toytec lift kit?

Edwin
Old 02-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by m32 View Post
Thanks. I understand now. Is there a reason why you guys didn't swap out the stock spring with the eibach one that comes with the toytec lift kit?

Edwin
For me it was mostly about money. My mods are few and far between since I have a 7 month old. Daycare is a *%$#@. I was just glad to get what I did.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #40

m32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For me it was mostly about money. My mods are few and far between since I have a 7 month old. Daycare is a *%$#@. I was just glad to get what I did.
Haha... Understood. Congrats on the 7 month old btw.

Edwin