1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bye Tacomaworld!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacomaYAK, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Jan 22, 2013 at 7:17 AM
    TacomaYAK

TacomaYAK [OP] The Reel Sportsman

Member:
    League City, Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab 4.0
    Lifted.
    Thanks guys. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Tacoma at the time, but only getting 11-12 MPG at BEST with the tires and lift, wasn't my cup of tea. Plus the Tacoma was 2wd and only had an extended cab, so that was getting old after a while.

So I went to the Chevy that I am now getting on average close to 18-19 mpg averaged between city and highway (a v8 at that), 4wd, crew cab....it was a no brainer to move to a Chevy (or Tundra or Ford or whatever). I had a budget and it dictated what truck I bought.

I have to say, the Tundra looks odd. There's just something about the flow and lines of the truck that make it look awkward (plus the Tundra was about +$10-15K more for the same options as the Chevy). I got a steal on my truck at a little over $31K. Plus I got $12K for the Tacoma (100K miles), so I only financed and little of $20K for a brand spanking new Chevy Z71!

In the end, I feel I made a good decision. I needed 4wd, got it, needed crew cab, got it, need it to be in my budget, got it (big one). I feel I made the right choice regardless of what some people say about the Chevy.

2. Jan 22, 2013 at 7:32 AM
    07regtacoman

07regtacoman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Davis Ca
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver REG Cab
    Painted arm rests, 2011 front grille,Readylift for 5lug.
    A couple months down the road, look I traded my chevy in for a 4x4 tacoma, glad to be back.

Products Discussed in

To Top