LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Custom Cruise Controll For 2009 Tacoma

Old 02-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Custom Cruise Controll For 2009 Tacoma

I received on of my many whole sale catalogs and one of the items advertised was an after market cruise controll

Rostra Precision Contols Inc.......Custom cruise control kit for 2009 Tacoma. Allows drivers to set speed,coast/reduce speed and resume/accel,while advanced features of the kit include a function for adjusting speed in 1mph increments as well as controlled resume rate. Availiable for the 4 cyl automatic model and works by plugging into the trucks electronic module.

http://www.rostra.com/

I am trying to locate a price
Old 02-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
sliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the rough

sliverworm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sliverworm
These are very common in the Miata community, my Miata doesn't have cruise and I have considered installing one of these.. but havn't broken down to do it yet..
Old 02-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycumulus View Post
what if you just install the stalk? Doesnt that put the option on the truck?
I guess you could put a factory one in your truck but if you want to save some $$$$$$$$$$......look to aftermarket products.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #6

Ok,.............oopps..........my bad.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #8
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
There is an OEM cruise stalk for sale in the forum.

Marc M
Old 04-29-2009, 07:49 PM   #9
HIKR is on a distinguished road

HIKR's Tacoma Gallery
So, the info I've seen for 2009 Rostra kit mentions that it's for the 4-cyl (http://www.truckblog.com/story-5236-..._toyota_tacoma), but what about the base '09 v6 models?? Cruise is my next purchase/install and I'm having difficulty finding info on the differences b/w the 05-08 tacoma's and the 09's when it comes to adding cruise. I keep hearing that 'some' of the '09's may not be 'pre-wired', but what does that mean for mhadden's great oem cc install thread? I have an email out to Rostra asking for more details on the kit differences, so I'll try and shed some more light when I have any to shed. Until then, any help is appreciated.