1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Custom Cruise Controll For 2009 Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by surfsupl, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Feb 3, 2009 at 2:52 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I received on of my many whole sale catalogs and one of the items advertised was an after market cruise controll

Rostra Precision Contols Inc.......Custom cruise control kit for 2009 Tacoma. Allows drivers to set speed,coast/reduce speed and resume/accel,while advanced features of the kit include a function for adjusting speed in 1mph increments as well as controlled resume rate. Availiable for the 4 cyl automatic model and works by plugging into the trucks electronic module.

http://www.rostra.com/

I am trying to locate a price

2. Feb 3, 2009 at 3:48 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    what if you just install the stalk? Doesnt that put the option on the truck?

3. Feb 3, 2009 at 3:49 PM
    sliverworm

sliverworm Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Offroad
    These are very common in the Miata community, my Miata doesn't have cruise and I have considered installing one of these.. but havn't broken down to do it yet..

4. Feb 3, 2009 at 4:23 PM
    surfsupl

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I guess you could put a factory one in your truck but if you want to save some $$$$$$$$$$......look to aftermarket products.

5. Feb 3, 2009 at 4:24 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    no no, this is what i meant:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t171992.html

6. Feb 3, 2009 at 4:33 PM
    surfsupl

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    Ok,.............oopps..........my bad.

7. Feb 3, 2009 at 4:42 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    haha no one's bad! I think it might be cheaper this way..?

8. Feb 3, 2009 at 5:48 PM
    Marc M

Marc M Dirty White Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Washington, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD O/R Dbl-Cab
    TRD Cat-Back, TRD CAI, 3" Lift, ATX Chambers, Color matched Grille and Door Handles, Scooped Hood, GrillCraft upper and lower, DTRL, Foglight Mod, Redline Hood Struts, 20% Tint all around, SGII, Blacked out dash, Extang Full-Tilt, etc, etc, etc.
    There is an OEM cruise stalk for sale in the forum.

Marc M

9. Apr 29, 2009 at 7:49 PM
    HIKR

HIKR Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tacoma, WA
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 dbl cab in pyrite mica
    6% Tint all around, Toyota all-weather floor mats, Toyota bed extender and skid plate, Python 991 remote-start alarm, oem cruise control and class III hitch were all installed within a couple months. I then installed Icon c/o's and Icon's 3-leaf aal with 17x9" GA9's and 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratrac's. The DRL mod was done, as was a custom rack setup similar to the org. cross bars. Blacked out headlights bought online, and a BOSS 1500 under-seat sub installed along with a Pioneer double-din DVD player
    So, the info I've seen for 2009 Rostra kit mentions that it's for the 4-cyl (http://www.truckblog.com/story-5236...nnounces_custom_cruise_for_2009_toyota_tacoma), but what about the base '09 v6 models?? Cruise is my next purchase/install and I'm having difficulty finding info on the differences b/w the 05-08 tacoma's and the 09's when it comes to adding cruise. I keep hearing that 'some' of the '09's may not be 'pre-wired', but what does that mean for mhadden's great oem cc install thread? I have an email out to Rostra asking for more details on the kit differences, so I'll try and shed some more light when I have any to shed. Until then, any help is appreciated.

Products Discussed in

To Top