1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need a winch for my AllPro expedition bumper

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Spitfire, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Jan 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM
    Spitfire

Spitfire [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ West Valley
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Taco
    OME Lift, Stubbs Sliders, Truxedo cover, Pioneer Avic deck, speakers/amp etc., Black badges.
    Long time offroader, never ventured into winches. I ordered one of All-Pro's new expedition plate bumpers. I met the crew a couple years ago on an expedition in Panamint Valley and theywere a great group of people. Kurtis set me up with some skids and the bumper last week. He said that any remote solenoid winch should fit.

I already dropped a pile of dirty paper on this stuff so I'm not looking for something super expensive. I was considering an Engo 9000 with synthetic line.

What do you all recommend? To anyone that has that bumper, what kind of winch did you mount in it?

I have the tow package with upgraded alternator, but I'm due for a battery. Any advice on the battery to support the winch and lits I will be adding?

2. Jan 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Lots of guys put Warns in theirs and for good reason. They're damn good. However Superwinch makes as good winches and you can generally find them as readily.

You'll want a minimum of an 8500lb winch.

I threw a 10,000lb Superwinch in mine. As for battery if you do a lot of winching you'll want a deep cycle battery so you don't toast your regular battery.

3. Jan 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM
    Spitfire

Member:
    AZ West Valley
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Taco
    OME Lift, Stubbs Sliders, Truxedo cover, Pioneer Avic deck, speakers/amp etc., Black badges.
    I like the superwinches as well, that was another option I looked at. No Warn for me, even the VR series is out of my budget right now.

4. Jan 21, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    rickmeseke

rickmeseke subaru of america

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Brunswick, GA
    Vehicle:
    a white truck
    ive never personally owned a winch, but my cousin had one from some tractor store, dont remember the name but he paid $300 on the dot.

took a shit almost immediately

bought a used warn on CL, still has it after a year of using it a few times a month in the woods

5. Jan 21, 2013 at 5:49 PM
    Spitfire

Member:
    AZ West Valley
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Taco
    Im staying away from harbor freight, summit brand etc.

Products Discussed in

To Top