Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Baja Wheels are true beadlock?

Old 04-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #21
IsmellBacon is on a distinguished road
EMS:
Name: Matt
IsmellBacon's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the dual beadlock (inner and outer) wheels are DOT approved. Such as the H1 military wheels, hutchinson wheels and Stazworks. There are also inflatable bead locks which are DOT approved, http://innerairlock.com

Bacon
Old 04-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #22
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Taco View Post
I know they look nice and I did enjoy the aesthetics of them when I had them, the special lugnuts and balancing issues were not fun. I had a few incidents with the lugnuts (losing the keyed tool) which required me to jump through a bunch of hoops that I didn't like. I also had major balancing issues with Stock 265/70/R16 Rugged Fails and 265/75/R16 Cooper Discoverer ATP's. There are other wheels out there that have the fuax beadlock feature that you might find for less and may or may not cause less problems. Just my $.02
As far as the "special lug nuts" , any national tire store such as Discount will stock the conical spline drive lug nuts that are required. They will also have the sockets for sale for around $5.

I'm not familiar with the balancing issues you're referring to. I have a bronze set on the Taco and the black set on the wife's FJ. Both are balanced every 5k and have over 80k miles between them. We've never had a single balance issue.

I can see the rings being a balance problem if they had mud caked in them, but if you don't play in mud it shouldn't be a problem. If you do, all you have to do is remove the ring and wipe the mud out.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #23
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon### View Post
As far as the "special lug nuts" , any national tire store such as Discount will stock the conical spline drive lug nuts that are required. They will also have the sockets for sale for around $5.

I'm not familiar with the balancing issues you're referring to. I have a bronze set on the Taco and the black set on the wife's FJ. Both are balanced every 5k and have over 80k miles between them. We've never had a single balance issue.

I can see the rings being a balance problem if they had mud caked in them, but if you don't play in mud it shouldn't be a problem. If you do, all you have to do is remove the ring and wipe the mud out.
The bronze ones are the ones I'm interested in for my Tacoma. What size tires are you running and what suspension do you have? I think I read you can get away with running 285's with this wheel & modest lifts (2-3") due to the higher offset.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #24
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
The bronze ones are the ones I'm interested in for my Tacoma. What size tires are you running and what suspension do you have? I think I read you can get away with running 285's with this wheel & modest lifts (2-3") due to the higher offset.
i have 285/75/16s and they do not rub at all
toytec ulk
light racing uca's (there's no way around it, you have to buy aftermarket uca's for proper alignment)
Old 04-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #25
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon### View Post
i have 285/75/16s and they do not rub at all
toytec ulk
light racing uca's (there's no way around it, you have to buy aftermarket uca's for proper alignment)
So you're about 3" of lift then or ?

I'm 5100's with the front set to 1.75" and TSB rear springs for just shy of 2" level/lift front and back. So no UCA's for me and I'm wondering if I can get away with no rub to a little rub that's correctable with slight trimming. Thoughts?

Do you have some pics? What color is your truck?
Old 04-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #26
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Paint is your best friend, and i wouldn't call them off brand.

I got my method beadlocks bare metal and had them powdercoated. Just sold some KMC enduro beadlocks and he new owner painted them black and red.
well "non-oem" brand, how's that? lol. paint is not my best friend, i tend to steer clear of it when it comes to my truck unless a pro is involved lol. i like those methods, i'm sure once you buy them then powdercoat you are getting close to the price of the oem baja wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post