Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Moving the rear view mirror up.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
Braking Bad is on a distinguished road

Braking Bad's Tacoma Gallery
Moving the rear view mirror up.

I've been thinking about a way to move the mirror up and out of the way on my 06. For some reason it bugs the hell out of me where it is now. Ever once in a while it is right in the middle of my view. I think it might have something to do with my x runner being lower than most tacos so not every thing is below me.

Anyway is there a way to take the mirror off the window so that I can mount it as high as possible. Or do I have to leave the mount part and buy another mirror somewhere to stick on above it. I would rather not do the later, but that would be better than what I've got now.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
ImMrYo - pm him, well worth $30
Old 01-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
ImMrYo - pm him, well worth $30
Worth it if it was $100
Old 01-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ehow.com/how_5246232_remo...ar-mirror.html
Old 01-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Worth it if it was $100
Mhmm.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
Pyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Pyrite Mica's Tacoma Gallery
Must buy!

ImMrYo's mirror relocation bracket is the best mod I have done on my Tacoma. In fact I consider it a must in terms of safety. Fyi, I am 6'02".
ImMrYo was great to deal with and has made a fine product.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:27 AM   #10
Braking Bad is on a distinguished road

Braking Bad's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm not the only one then. Thanks guys will look into it.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #11
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
ImMrYo's rear view mirror bracket is killer. Opens up the front windshield to see out of, go figure.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #13
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I don't know if this will work on the tacoma..... but on our formly owned Jeep Wrangler, we rotated the mirror (on its swivel) 180 degrees.

Just thought I'd mention it.
That sure would make the backup camera, temp gauge, and compass look a bit odd.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #14
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
That sure would make the backup camera, temp gauge, and compass look a bit odd.
The OP has an 06.

No backup camera. And I don't know if the 06's had the temp gauge or the compass in the mirror or not yet. My temp gauge and compass is in the overhead console.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #17
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Does it take awhile for him to reply to PMs or does the product just show up?
Thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #18
Good351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to behold

Good351's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I don't know if this will work on the tacoma..... but on our formly owned Jeep Wrangler, we rotated the mirror (on its swivel) 180 degrees.

Just thought I'd mention it.
Tried it, doesn't work..

I got the bracket from ImMrYo, excellent product and craftsmanship!!! And super nice guy to deal with!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #19
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Does it take awhile for him to reply to PMs or does the product just show up?
Thanks
Send him your mailing info via PM, you will get an envelope with a number assigned to it, when you get the bracket just mail him back the funds via money order.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #20

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Thank You Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Send him your mailing info via PM, you will get an envelope with a number assigned to it, when you get the bracket just mail him back the funds via money order.
Thank You