Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Strange sound form the passenger footwell (Leaking hose sound)

Old 01-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
SteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
SteelCityPickle's Tacoma Gallery
Strange sound form the passenger footwell (Leaking hose sound)

It's not the blower motor chirp... Already had that fixed.

The best way I can describe it, is to say that it sounds like an air hose with moisture in it, spitting sound. It comes and goes at random. It is still present with all accessories off (radio, HVAC, lights), and stops when the truck is turned off.

With it being so cold, I haven't had a chance to crawl under there and get a visual... just thought someone might know what it might be, and could save me a few minutes.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
mullica woods'er is on a distinguished road
mullica woods'er's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

loosen the clamp around the air inlet tube that connects to the air filter. Then turn the tube clockwise as tight as you can,and then clamp it again. Sounds crazy i know,but i pretty much the same problem. And i was shaking my head too. For me it ended the noise.good luck.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #3
SteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullica woods'er View Post
loosen the clamp around the air inlet tube that connects to the air filter. Then turn the tube clockwise as tight as you can,and then clamp it again. Sounds crazy i know,but i pretty much the same problem. And i was shaking my head too. For me it ended the noise.good luck.
I assume you mean the cabin air filter?

Thanks, as soon as I have some daylight, I'll check it out.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
theres no coolant in the passenger floorboard is there?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
theres no coolant in the passenger floorboard is there?
Haven't been out to check, but I assume that I would have smelled coolant by now, right?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
you'll definitely smell it when you stick you head in the passenger side floorboard
Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #7
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
The first part of your description had me thinking is was the A/C from being on defrost, but you said it was doing it with the HVAC off. Depending on how long the noise happens after turning off the HVAC unit, there will be pressure difference across the expansion valve and evaporator for a minute or so, with noise to match. Otherwise, you've got me stumped.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #8
97lt1ta is on a distinguished road

97lt1ta's Tacoma Gallery
X2 could be a heater core issue make sure there isn't any moisture on the passenger side floor